Granite Servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No modification. Just remove the old. Put new one in. Before your connect servo arm turn everything on to center servo, make sure control trim is set to 0. Connect servo arm. Done.

No modification. Just remove the old. Put new one in. Before your connect servo arm turn everything on to center servo, make sure control trim is set to 0. Connect servo arm. Done.
Ok thanks

I need to replace my current stock servo in my brushed Granite 4x4 Mega.
I keep reading about certain servos being too strong for the stock ESC.

Can someone suggest a good but not too expensive servo for my rig? My son and I use it in the backyard and parks....nothing to demanding.

Thanks in advance.

I pointed out that many servos draw too much power for the BEC in the stock ESC. Arrma's website for the BLX100 ESC says that maximum current the BEC can deliver is 3A, but the owners manual says 6A. I emailed Arrma and they confirmed that the BEC can deliver 6A, so unless you go crazy with a monster servo, a higher torque servo should work just fine with the stock ESC.

I pointed out that many servos draw too much power for the BEC in the stock ESC. Arrma's website for the BLX100 ESC says that maximum current the BEC can deliver is 3A, but the owners manual says 6A. I emailed Arrma and they confirmed that the BEC can deliver 6A, so unless you go crazy with a monster servo, a higher torque servo should work just fine with the stock ESC.
Thank you for the reply to my question. But I have the Mega 550 version, not BLX100. Your comment made me go the the Arrma website, and the stock ESC states 2A (whereas the BLX100 version says 3A as you mentioned). So lets say it is 2A or even 4A, how will I check to see if a new servo is right for my rig?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back