Outcast Servo upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
Got a new Outcast 4S and the steering seems weak and it feels like it takes 15’ to turn this thing. When i have it on the stand it fully turns left to right. I don't know if its a servo problem or a saver problem. You guys have any of these issues and if you do whats the solution? Yes my DR is turned to 100%.

YouTube- Arrma steering endpoints recalibration.

Ill do that. Like i said, on a stand it turns fully to the left and right but under load it seems to struggle.

I finally caved and picked up one of those JX servos that Kevin Talbot likes to use. It's fast and seems pretty strong, I can see why he uses them. I will say, I don't own any "superman" servos so I don't have a good baseline to compare.

On the 3S line I have not had any issues with the servo saver being too weak, not sure if the 4s tires are pushing that saver to the limit?

https://www.amazon.com/CLS6336HV-Aluminium-Voltage-Coreless-Helicopter/dp/B087LQXDS9

I don't have the 4s but have the Granite 10th scale and now 2 8th scale trucks, it just seems they all turn really really good going slow but when your really moving fast it takes a football field to turn. not sure if the toe in out not set right or what on them... Honestly seems my 10th scales turn better then the 8th scale ones.
my Granite did get where it didn't turn good slow or fast so i replaced the servo and the servo saver. I think the saver itself was going bad for whatever reason i didn't have the truck all that long and maybe 10 runs or so. the plastic stock servo saver seems like a weak point. if i have more issues i will be upgrading that part.
The 4s trucks seem almost the size of the 6s ones not sure what servo comes stock but you probably need better. Its the only con to this brand are the stock servos.
I have now spent some $ on buying new servos, mounts, arms for my 2) 8th scale trucks.

So i set the endpoints as far as they can go and it turns fine to the left and still a little wider on the left side. Im a picky type of guy i want my stuff to be 100% when I put a pack in.

I have noticed this with just about every RC I have ever set end points on. I can see why its annoying though.

So i set the endpoints as far as they can go and it turns fine to the left and still a little wider on the left side. Im a picky type of guy i want my stuff to be 100% when I put a pack in.
I normally go as far as it will then i back it off just a little so that the servo isn't straining.

It’ll always turn wide under power because the front wheels ‘drag’. Try letting the throttle go right before turning and then power through as you exit the apex of the turn. If at a really high speed I’ll even break slightly right before entering the turn. Same concept as riding a mountain or road bike at speed.

Set your end point to the max then back off a few clicks or you’ll over strain the servo. The 4s rigs come with a s692 servo, same as the 6s line. It’s plenty powerful but the servo saver, link and bellcrank wear over time and get weak. I picked up a bunch of stock steering assemblies (bellcrank, link and servo saver) off Jennysrc.com for a couple bucks each and swap them out when steering suffers.

I also open the servo and make sure the gears are lightly lubed. Usually the factory just drops a dollop of grease on top of the gear and it just sits there, useless. S652 servos are about $19 bucks on Jenny’s so I grabbed a bunch of spares. I haven’t had one die yet in nearly 2 years though but I keep getting more 3s cars (5 so far) and the extras are useful.

The 4s rigs have a longer chassis. So there is inherently more "Steering Push". Servo Saver Arm may also be the problem. Just too weak. So any new servo will be the same if this is the case.
I imagine the Stocker servo would have a harder time with turning in general. Arrma should have installed a better servo considering the $high price$ of these V2 rigs. Should have used servos mores suited for heavier 6s rigs.

Just wanted to chime in here since I swapped out the stock servo for a JX 27kg servo from Amazon... not much of a difference, if at all. I suspect the servo saver has more to do with the large turning radius than the servo. I have the Kraton 4s by the way.

Got a 66kg AGFRC and a Kimbrough HD saver but it didn't fix the problem at all. Gotta remove the servo saver and use a solid arm. You could try a 23t horn on the stock s652 see what happens.. Might as well give it a test & try to break the stock servo before replacing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back