Outcast Servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robx7fcna

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys,

I have always ran stock servos in my RTRs but when I did research on the outcast before I bought one, I noticed everyone complaining about the mount flexing and the stock servo crapping out.

Now I have my outcast and ordered a tall servo mount, I'm looking for a servo.

From reading on here I've narrowed it down to the savox SW1210SG or SW0231MG.

Looks like quite a price difference and this is why I'm posting this thread for your guys opinions.

Would a guy like me who normally doesn't upgrade servos know a difference between the 2 savox servos?

Should I buy the 0231 and save money?

Should I spend the extra money on the 1210 because I will notice a difference??

Also, do I need to upgrade the servo horn or will the stock do?

Let me know your guys thoughts

Thanks in advance.

The 0231 is about the same strength as the stock one but with metal gears. If you want high quality and power, go with the 1210. I stripped the gears in my stock one and blew the gears apart in a JX servo cause I cranked my servo saver too much. I'm going to order the 1210 myself.

Ok sounds good to me thanks.

Ironically enough I had the outcast out today and now it barely turns left or right! It must have read my mind!!

Thanks Raji,

I'll order the 1210, looks like I will need one of those glitch busters too?

It came with it when I purchase it so I installed it. But I think it is not important, because it works fine without it

Cool, good to know!

My stock servo is not so good. I can't believe it crapped out so quick (about 7 packs)

The truck has a turning radius of like 20ft, lol

Cool, good to know!

My stock servo is not so good. I can't believe it crapped out so quick (about 7 packs)

The truck has a turning radius of like 20ft, lol
I stripped my servo with one pack :D

Hey rob45, I was actually looking at that servo and was curious about it!

Maybe I'll also pick one up and compare it to the 1210. Thanks for sharing your experience with it.

On a side note, my GKA parts including the servo mount arrived today, they look super nice!

I haven't seen too many vids on GKA stuff, so I thought I would show them off.

Picked up the servo that Rob45 recommended. I'll try it out today! Seems to be pretty decent.

If I would have looked at things closer, I would have realized that my servo save backed off and that was my steering issues. :rolleyes:

Oh well, now I have the sticker to fall back on and compare.

Attachments

• 20180504_211523.jpg
    20180504_211523.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 85
How did this servo work out
Picked up the servo that Rob45 recommended. I'll try it out today! Seems to be pretty decent.

If I would have looked at things closer, I would have realized that my servo save backed off and that was my steering issues. :rolleyes:

Oh well, now I have the sticker to fall back on and compare.
How’d it work

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back