Servo Voltage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slfmde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Im new and still trying to learn so sorry for newbie questions. I have a 2018 outcast and I believe my stock servo just called it quits. Steering inputs do nothing. When I disconnect then reconnect the battery the wheels twitch back and forth then turn full right.

When looking at new servos how do I know what will fit? I look for 1:8 scale but is that the only dimension I need to worry about? Also what is the max voltage the stock setup can handle? The stock servo says 7.2v on the product page.

Thanks You!

I'm not sure about the stock receiver max volts but any 'standard' 25t (stock servo horn) 20-30kg will fit right in. You can see the stock servo's dimensions and compare to be sure.

I'm not sure about the stock receiver max volts but any 'standard' 25t (stock servo horn) 20-30kg will fit right in. You can see the stock servo's dimensions and compare to be sure.

Thanks. If the stock servo is dead would I stil be able to hear the gears turning in the servo when I turn the wheels by hand? My tools won’t be hear until tomorrow to look inside the servo. I don’t hear any sound at all from the servo when I turn left or right from the transmitter. I thought I would hear something if the gears where stripped.

Last edited:
You're better off with a proper digital coreless with steel/titanium gears. If the stocker still works keep it as an emergency backup.

You're better off with a proper digital coreless with steel/titanium gears. If the stocker still works keep it as an emergency backup.

I understand that but I want to make sure the servo is the problem. What else could it be?

It is very likely the crappy stock servo. Buy a quality servo like the pro modeler 470, savox 2290, or the Holmes hobbies shv500. and power it with a small lipo or external Bec like the castle Bec 2.0. almost all servos will fit. I believe the critical measurement is 20mm x 49.5mm.

http://www.promodeler.com/DS470BLHV

I would definitely without a doubt recommend at minimum an external Bec. The stock esc will not be able to provide enough current for that servo. You could see brownouts and glitching. Not saying you will, just be prepared to install a castle bec

I would definitely without a doubt recommend at minimum an external Bec. The stock esc will not be able to provide enough current for that servo. You could see brownouts and glitching. Not saying you will, just be prepared to install a castle bec

I have a glitch buster in case and if needed will run a BEC. I found someone else running it on an outcast without either and doing ok.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back