Typhon Servo weird noise, halp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Guys what’s wrong here? I’ve disassembled everything to clean and now it makes this weird squeaky noise which makes me mad.
It wasn’t like that before.
Everything is clean and in good state.

Any idea?

Sounds like it's under stress. Anything binding in the steering? If not, it's simply the servo.
Take of the servo horn and see if it's noisy standalone.

These servos are not known to be very long lasting and reliable. Might want to replace if the noise is annoying.
No need for overkill, plenty of cost efficient alternatives out there.

The two screws that hold the steering components from the bottom, going through the chassis may be over tightened if you removed those. They originally came with some loctite on them. Adding an RPM skid plate had me remove those and when I first reassembled, I put them in too tight, backed them out a bit and it's all good again.

The two screws that hold the steering components from the bottom, going through the chassis may be over tightened if you removed those. They originally came with some loctite on them. Adding an RPM skid plate had me remove those and when I first reassembled, I put them in too tight, backed them out a bit and it's all good again.
Do you mean the two screws that hold the steering posts?

I think the sevo is on its way out those stock servos are terrible i even saw someone esc go on fire because of a shorting on the servo. Get a cheap 25kg out from amazon

it sounds like youre dual rates are dialled in too high, causing to much stress on the servo, otherwise check to see that the ackermann plate is not bent..........

it sounds like youre dual rates are dialled in too high, causing to much stress on the servo, otherwise check to see that the ackermann plate is not bent..........

do you mean the travel? If so, it’s now set to 60 out of 100

not 100% sure what an Ackermann plate is but o believe the 3s doesn’t have that

do you mean the travel? If so, it’s now set to 60 out of 100

not 100% sure what an Ackermann plate is but o believe the 3s doesn’t have that
yes the travel but 60 should be fine , the ackermann plate is yout HR plate which holdes youre two turnbuckels togehter.......

Remove the servo link and see if the wheels turn by hand smoothly. If it’s not butter smooth then something is too tight. Be careful with those HR screws. Make sure to TL them. They will fall out of not. They are not an easy find either. Special hardware and HR won’t help you. You will have to buy another whole steering rack.

Now if it is butter smooth, then check the servo saver for play. But my guess is that the stock servo is just done. Get a DS3225MG

Remove the servo link and see if the wheels turn by hand smoothly. If it’s not butter smooth then something is too tight. Be careful with those HR screws. Make sure to TL them. They will fall out of not. They are not an easy find either. Special hardware and HR won’t help you. You will have to buy another whole steering rack.

Now if it is butter smooth, then check the servo saver for play. But my guess is that the stock servo is just done. Get a DS3225MG

thx man, I have a spare 20kg one, same servo as you mentioned
Should be good right?

thx man, I have a spare 20kg one, same servo as you mentioned
Should be good right?
Yeah I have that one in my Typhon on GRPs and it’s fine there. I wouldn’t run a 20kg in my K4S running Backflips tho.

I’ve just finished putting everything back together and I was definitely a fried servo, now the whole steering is super smooth
I didn’t know about the HR screws being hard to find, thanks!
Although I did already put TL on them because they were coming loose

I’ve just finished putting everything back together and I was definitely a fried servo, now the whole steering is super smooth
I didn’t know about the HR screws being hard to find, thanks!
Although I did already put TL on them because they were coming loose
You saved yours! Nice! I learned the hard way on a 70mph speed run ???‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back