Servo went kaput

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ransom 65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The typical story. Rocks got into the steering area and caught up the servo horn. Broke almost immediately lol knowing it was inevitable, I picked up this Amazon special when I first bought the truck. Broke the Kimbrough servo saver trying to cut it to size. Ended up jamming the own 23T one on top of it. I know I'll have to get a correct fit one eventually, but fingers crossed this lasts a little lol

46DE550D-B871-4954-AE30-6F289DDEDAAC.png

I have many DS3235's great servo and powerful for the price. None failed me. Did get one that was DOA out the package. NO issue with the return to AMZ and a replacement one.

Yeah you need a proper Servo saver. Kimbrough HD SS should have worked out, but didn't???
You cannot use that included DS3235 servo alloy Arm/horn with a 4x4 rig.
Again you need this 25 spline SS:

https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-Servo-Saver-Set-25T/dp/B07G3R5LQG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3MRL4MPIM4ODE&keywords=arrma+servo+saver&qid=1681833818&sprefix=arrma+servo+saver,aps,206&sr=8-2

What possessed you to force a 23 spline SS onto a 25 spline servo??? Bad advice.....A square doesn't fit into a hole last I heard. So I don't try.:giggle:
That's how you break a servo. Toss that wrong SS asap. Unless you simply don't care?:unsure::whistle:
I hope it fails. Just proving my point only to others.
We all fly differently. I get it.
:cool:

I have many DS3235's great servo and powerful for the price. None failed me. Did get one that was DOA out the package. NO issue with the return to AMZ and a replacement one.

Yeah you need a proper Servo saver. Kimbrough HD SS should have worked out, but didn't???
You cannot use that included DS3235 servo alloy Arm/horn with a 4x4 rig.
Again you need this 25 spline SS:

https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-Servo-Saver-Set-25T/dp/B07G3R5LQG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3MRL4MPIM4ODE&keywords=arrma+servo+saver&qid=1681833818&sprefix=arrma+servo+saver,aps,206&sr=8-2

What possessed you to force a 23 spline SS onto a 25 spline servo??? Bad advice.....A square doesn't fit into a hole last I heard. So I don't try.:giggle:
That's how you break a servo. Toss that wrong SS asap. Unless you simply don't care?:unsure::whistle:
I hope it fails. Just proving my point only to others.
We all fly differently. I get it.
:cool:
We all know it'll fail. peepee thing to say that you hope it does just to prove your point lol

But the Kimbrough one would've worked fine. I was trimming the sides down to a point to make it fit better and ended up breaking the whole lip off of it. So I jammed the old one on as a quick fix, also stating that I know it's going to fail and specifically made yet another note that it was a quick fix.

But yes the new kimbrough is already shipping đź‘Ť

I can be a peepee head.:ROFLMAO: Mismatching/forcing a 23 Spl to a 25 Spl is funny to me. Just not done. Destined to fail...yes.;)
Kimbrough HD SS is really the better SS IMHO. Just that it is not Double sheared like the stocker, if that matters to you. Just need to trim it properly. I use them in many other 1/10 rigs here. But Kimb. HD SS definitely has a stronger spring tension IMHO. And I like my SS's to be very tight along with a strong servo. A strong servo is useless without a tight firm SS. Steering suffers horribly otherwise.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back