Outcast Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crab

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
looks like my servo is done. Started clicking tonight while at skateboard park. Would turn one way but not other. So. What servo y'all putting in? Waiting on a TBone bumper also. Didn't realize till tonight it helps hold A arm pins in I bashed it pretty hard. So no complaints. Just need to get some more upgrades.

FYI. I called arrma. They said send it back. First question was when did you buy it. Next question was,," is it red". So guess I'll get one to install for now. Then mail that one to em. If they warranty it. Can't hurt to have a back up lol.

Hey guys! Can anyone tell us which replacement/upgrade servos will fit with the GKA servo mount?

I bought the Savox SW1210SG.
Fits like a glove.
The only thing I had to do is sand the inside edge a little so the wire could fit down when putting the servo in as the wire out on the Savox is a little higher than the wire out location on the stock servo. No matter which way I angled it, it would not slide in without the wire getting mashed between the servo case and the inner edge of the mount. A little indent with sandpaper wrapped around a pencil, and done...easy in and she fit perfectly.

FYI. I called arrma. They said send it back. First question was when did you buy it. Next question was,," is it red". So guess I'll get one to install for now. Then mail that one to em. If they warranty it. Can't hurt to have a back up lol.
Did they warrenty it mine went out and only been driven 3 times and bashed only 1 once really

It's just the gears stripping. Get a replacement set for $15 and replace that one aluminum top gear that always strips. Do this even if you upgrade - worth having a servo on standby (I put mine in a rustler since the servo is really made, imo, for 1/10 with less mass - it kicks butt!)

I upgraded my beater outcast to a savox 1210sg like others here and it's fantastic.

My luxury outcast (bought from bigbird) came with a hitec that isn't waterproof but is titanium-geared and both are awesome.

It's just the gears stripping. Get a replacement set for $15 and replace that one aluminum top gear that always strips. Do this even if you upgrade - worth having a servo on standby (I put mine in a rustler since the servo is really made, imo, for 1/10 with less mass - it kicks butt!)

I upgraded my beater outcast to a savox 1210sg like others here and it's fantastic.

My luxury outcast (bought from bigbird) came with a hitec that isn't waterproof but is titanium-geared and both are awesome.
OK nice yeah the gears stripped and it also ate some teeth up in my servo horn did u happen to use the axial 25t aluminum horn that seems like it will never strip

looks like my servo is done. Started clicking tonight while at skateboard park. Would turn one way but not other. So. What servo y'all putting in? Waiting on a TBone bumper also. Didn't realize till tonight it helps hold A arm pins in I bashed it pretty hard. So no complaints. Just need to get some more upgrades.
I recently installed a t bone bumper it's a good product but when the bumper hooks into the ground it pulls the pins out,which caused my typhon original bumper come off which then caused the a arm pins to extract which on 6's power has done something to my front diff.. have not investigated it yet

Attachments

• 14899164825201200946174.jpg
    14899164825201200946174.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 1489916630613-733226109.jpg
    1489916630613-733226109.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 39
I haven't sent mine back yet. lol. Thx for reminding me. It's the gears for sure. They said no problem. Send back with copy of receipt. I have the 1210 in mine now. And works great. Very strong. I didn't install a bec or anything. Only thing I notice is sometimes when sitting still if I turn wheel and release if will still make a electronic sound like it's still working when goes back to center. But if you tap steering or throttle it stops. Only time I've noticed it is when changing batteries or working in it. Seems flawless when out playing thou.
Also I have a tbone bumper and a rpm one. Ordered rpm when tbone was taking so long to get here. I ended up installing the rpm one, as I like having old pin holing area from factory left on and then this one goes on in front of all that.

I haven't sent mine back yet. lol. Thx for reminding me. It's the gears for sure. They said no problem. Send back with copy of receipt. I have the 1210 in mine now. And works great. Very strong. I didn't install a bec or anything. Only thing I notice is sometimes when sitting still if I turn wheel and release if will still make a electronic sound like it's still working when goes back to center. But if you tap steering or throttle it stops. Only time I've noticed it is when changing batteries or working in it. Seems flawless when out playing thou.
Also I have a tbone bumper and a rpm one. Ordered rpm when tbone was taking so long to get here. I ended up installing the rpm one, as I like having old pin holing area from factory left on and then this one goes on in front of all that.

My 1210 does the same.
It's because it has 4096 (if memory serves), degrees of resolution....so it is trying to fine tune to its center position, but the change in angle required is so slight that it makes that buzzing noise because the weight of truck is not allowing it to fine adjust to the .01 degrees it needs to be 'centered'.
If you just lift the front end of the truck ever so slightly it stops.
You might consider running a glitch buster with it, as Savox servos can be power hungry...and so the glitch buster capacitor just gives it the extra juice as/when/if - needed.

Power HD 20kg waterproof is also a good cheap servo that's a good improvement over stock only £20 od pound from bang good..also got a new servo for my outcast from aliexpress details in picture's,only gt it today and need to make a carbon servo mount for it before I can use it

Attachments

• IMAG0579.jpg
    IMAG0579.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 41
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back