Kraton set up question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
ok ok.. so from all the help from people on here and fb.. I just want to make sure I have It down correctly.

so this is the set-up I plan to buy , charger , power supply, battery.

example:
my question is , I am capable of charging this battery at 10c for 60amps?.. the battery is 6000mah with a 10c max charge rate.
or even for example 8c for 48amps.. just want to make sure, I full understand how everything works now. and not trying to blow up my house lol

I hope I have it down right, now what im trying to figure out , is the charge time for the batteries to be done.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphen...L_Bv5zyNm2M7NA87UyBoCoQgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...UH84_Wx-c44t9ID7JDQgcpC6Y8P-EKZBoCWw0QAvD_BwE

https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/search&search=power supply

Yes, those batteries are advertised as 10C - which equals 60a for that pack. But your charger can only do 30A, so that will be your limit.

Still, 5C is a pretty hefty charge rate. Theoretically, the charge time would be 1/5 of an hour - but that goes not counting the balance cycle. Real charge time, I would estimate to be close to 20 minutes. On the practical side, 2c or 3c charging would finish 30-40 minutes, and be less stressful on the batteries.

My 'plan' for reduced charge times - use storage charge - 3.85v. This puts the batteries about 40% charged, so that cuts you charge time by a lot. Off storage charge, my 2c charging is done in about 20-25 minutes. Plus the storage mode will balance them, so that means less balance time in the real charge cycle.

Yes, those batteries are advertised as 10C - which equals 60a for that pack. But your charger can only do 30A, so that will be your limit.

Still, 5C is a pretty hefty charge rate. Theoretically, the charge time would be 1/5 of an hour - but that goes not counting the balance cycle. Real charge time, I would estimate to be close to 20 minutes. On the practical side, 2c or 3c charging would finish 30-40 minutes, and be less stressful on the batteries.

My 'plan' for reduced charge times - use storage charge - 3.85v. This puts the batteries about 40% charged, so that cuts you charge time by a lot. Off storage charge, my 2c charging is done in about 20-25 minutes. Plus the storage mode will balance them, so that means less balance time in the real charge cycle.

ok to im on the right track!!! =),... but with the power supply pushing the 85 amps, I still cant go higher than 30amps? .. so that power supply, is not needed ?.. because the charger itself has 700 watts per channel.. so I think im a little confuse on that final part... and thanks jerry for replying.. u been a big help sir

ok to im on the right track!!! =),... but with the power supply pushing the 85 amps, I still cant go higher than 30amps? .. so that power supply, is not needed ?.. because the charger itself has 700 watts per channel.. so I think im a little confuse on that final part... and thanks jerry for replying.. u been a big help sir
The 85 amp power supply is at 12 volts. Watts = volts x amps. So 1025 watts = 12 volts x 85 amps. The batteries that you are charging are 6 cell batteries and are between 3 and 4.2 volts per cell. So your batteries are between 18 volts and 25.2 volts. So those same 1025 watts at 25 volts equals 41 amps. But more importantly, your charger is a 700 watt per channel charger and it can only be set for up to 30 amps. So that is the limiting factor for this.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back