Setting Camber and Toe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
i am real new to this hobby and am a bit stuck and could need a bit of help, i cant get my Typhon to drive straight i am at +18 on right trimm and it still pulls to the left, it is all stock apart from the springs which i changed to the big rock 70mm in the back and 65 mm in the front, but i had the same problem before i changed the springs,as iam trying to do speed runs driving straight seems a bit of a necessity LOL,
i have checked that the car is squared off and that both front wheels and both back wheels leave the floor at the same time when i slowly lift one end up. any ideas or advice would be hugely apprectiated.....
-J-

Hi Guys,
i am real new to this hobby and am a bit stuck and could need a bit of help, i cant get my Typhon to drive straight i am at +18 on right trimm and it still pulls to the left, it is all stock apart from the springs which i changed to the big rock 70mm in the back and 65 mm in the front, but i had the same problem before i changed the springs,as iam trying to do speed runs driving straight seems a bit of a necessity LOL,
i have checked that the car is squared off and that both front wheels and both back wheels leave the floor at the same time when i slowly lift one end up. any ideas or advice would be hugely apprectiated.....
-J-
Check for a broken caster block or a missing screw holding it to the hub. Also check for broken a-arms. Basically, take all four wheels off and inspect all the plastic parts. Something is loose or broken.

Check for a broken caster block or a missing screw holding it to the hub. Also check for broken a-arms. Basically, take all four wheels off and inspect all the plastic parts. Something is loose or broken.
after ages spent looking for the problem, i did what you advised and took the whole front apart and low and behold the right lower hinge pin was bent so much to the left that i couldnt even get it out of the a-arm. i had just never thought to look there as nothing seemed to be broken on the outside i.e a-arm etc, i am now hoping that that was the problem and once i get a new one installed my problems of driving straight are over for now :), thanks for the pointer Jondilly1974...

right a quick update sorry for being annoying but i just cant for the life of me figure this out. I checked all the plastics etc and replaced the bent driveshaft thinking that was the problem but low and behold when i tried it out to day still the same big pull to the left, i have to have my trim on 23+ on the right just to go straight, i noticed that thear drive shaft does not go straight into the spoll and is at an angle and rubbing on the rear brace, could this be causing it ??????? thanks in advance for any reply kinda getting frustrated now....

right a quick update sorry for being annoying but i just cant for the life of me figure this out. I checked all the plastics etc and replaced the bent driveshaft thinking that was the problem but low and behold when i tried it out to day still the same big pull to the left, i have to have my trim on 23+ on the right just to go straight, i noticed that thear drive shaft does not go straight into the spoll and is at an angle and rubbing on the rear brace, could this be causing it ??????? thanks in advance for any reply kinda getting frustrated now....
Pics please

Attachments

• 6EE4F8DE-5821-4797-893D-8BC7D2A26C08.jpeg
    6EE4F8DE-5821-4797-893D-8BC7D2A26C08.jpeg
    302.2 KB · Views: 61
  • C332F2BD-F2CF-4316-9902-9539287948E7.jpeg
    C332F2BD-F2CF-4316-9902-9539287948E7.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 10A0F5E6-4BA0-47D9-A87C-44B781762CA6.jpeg
    10A0F5E6-4BA0-47D9-A87C-44B781762CA6.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 59
I don’t think that rear dog one running on the chassis brace would make your rig launch left. ??‍♂️
still thanks for taking a look at it, i looked at other pics of typhons and their rear dog was near enough the same as mine, its gotta be something drastic though as like i said when i turn the trim of it completey drives to left,
i´d say that roughly after 10 meters it has moved about a 1,5 meters to the left side from where it origanly started.........

La parte trasera no tiene ajuste de ruedas.
La rueda delantera se ajusta en la parte superior delantera del pivote interior del brazo (donde están los pequeños clips C)
Deslizar el brazo hacia adelante disminuye + caster, deslizarlo hacia atrás aumenta + caster. La inclinación frontal se ajusta donde las bolas de pivote se encuentran con el brazo. Esto se puede hacer en la bola de pivote superior o inferior. (La parte superior de la llanta se inclina hacia adentro = --, la parte superior de la llanta se inclina hacia afuera = +)
El ángulo de avance también afecta la configuración de la inclinación. Por lo general, con más + caster, necesitará menos: camber y viceversa.
Caster en realidad se mide por la diferencia en la inclinación cuando la rueda se gira de 20° en un sentido a 20° en el otro sentido.
Coloque el auto en el banco y gire las ruedas de derecha a izquierda, verá el cambio en la inclinación.
¿Esto se aplica a todos los tipos de plataformas arrma? Veo que mis llantas traseras tienen un poco de camber y quisiera saber si eso es normal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back