Setting up new transmitter and receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
I have the 2019 Kraton, Outcast and Talion. I am replacing the stock Spektrum STX2 with the Futaba 4pv and R304SB receivers. It looks pretty simple getting the Futaba installed and ready to go. My question is, once I get the Futaba system installed and set up, do I then need to go thru the throttle set up via the esc like I did when I first got the rigs, the neutral, push esc button, full throttle and full brake set up with the new Futaba transmitter. Thanks for the help!!:)

Yes, it only takes 10 seconds and will make sure you're using the full trigger range. Then set the steering endpoints too.

Yes, it only takes 10 seconds and will make sure you're using the full trigger range. Then set the steering endpoints too.
Thanks for the info!!

Yes, I just put the same system in my Outcast. Still trying to sort things out, but you'll have to go into the reverse menu and reverse the throttle. Also reset your endpoints. I'm trying out things like brake dual rates. Does anybody have a mid to high end futaba on the 185blx esc they'd be willing to share some of their settings?

Yes, I just put the same system in my Outcast. Still trying to sort things out, but you'll have to go into the reverse menu and reverse the throttle. Also reset your endpoints. I'm trying out things like brake dual rates. Does anybody have a mid to high end futaba on the 185blx esc they'd be willing to share some of their settings?
Thanks for the clue for the reverse menu. I'm sure it will be a bit of a learning curve to really get into all the functions it offers.
Calibrate throttle any time you unplug the ESC from the receiver.
Thank you!! BTW I love watching your videos, you can sure sent it!

The very first thing to do on the transmitter is set channel 2 (assuming your ESC is connected here) from NOR to REV. Then hold the set button and power on the ESC. The rest of the instructions are in the arrma manual. I think is something like, transmitter on, then power on ESC with set button held down, release set button after beeps. With transmitter in the neutral, the ESC beeps and flashes green, then pull full throttle and hit set button again, ESC beeps and flashes green. Pull full brake and press set on the ESC, beeps, green flash and your done. Power off ESC. I just dropped a Futaba receiver in my Senton this weekend and the above is from memory.

I haven't messed with the dual brake rates but I did lower my brake end point by 10 and then lowered my brake EPA by 20 to get more linear and a little less powerful brakes. This was done for running my home track. You may be looking for something different though. I don't even know what the dual brake rate does! Haha

Hey so I'm about to set up my Typhon v4 6s with a new Receiver and transmitter. How do I set my steering endpoints on the radio?

Well, that would depend on the radio... Check the manual!

Well, that would depend on the radio... Check the manual!
Thanks lol I know this thread is old, I just can't find any videos. It's a Dumborc x6fg. The receiver has a built in Gyro. I'm I'm guessing the dials on the radio is the way to set it.

Doesn't have EPA setting, but it has steering dual rate. Bottom left knob under the cover! Adjust (with the truck on a stand) so that the servo doesn't struggle when you turn the steering wheel all the way left or right.

I have a RC4g with a gyro-equipped receiver and don't use it. You can try it out but IMO it's better to learn to control your truck yourself :)

Doesn't have EPA setting, but it has steering dual rate. Bottom left knob under the cover! Adjust (with the truck on a stand) so that the servo doesn't struggle when you turn the steering wheel all the way left or right.

I have a RC4g with a gyro-equipped receiver and don't use it. You can try it out but IMO it's better to learn to control your truck yourself :)
Thanks now I see what you're talking about. I really appreciate it!

Ah, this is very useful, just got the Futaba T4GRS, with the R304SB RX, so will be definitely referring to this in the morning once I’ve finished the install and replaced the servo mount, etc...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back