Granite Setup of new ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADD

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just replaced my Granite 550 Megas ESC with the stock 12T Brushed ESC.... How do I link it or marry it ( sorry I'm a newbie) ?

Just replaced my Granite 550 Megas ESC with the stock 12T Brushed ESC.... How do I link it or marry it ( sorry I'm a newbie) ?
For the ESC you don't have to do anything to bind it. The reciever needs to bind to the transmitter, not the ESC. If you change the reciever then you have to bind the new reciever to your transmitter .

You'll want to set your end points on the new ESC. The ESC instruction manual should tell you how to do it.

The ESC instructions don't say squat an I can't find anything online... I took out old put in new .. only steering works.. that was my initial issue before ... need help..lol

Is your throttle trim zeroed? Some ESC's won't give you forward/reverse if they're receiving throttle input right when it's turned on. Maybe the old ESC required the throttle trim to be adjusted and this one won't.

Yes My throttle trim is set at zero and it still is doing the same as the old ESC and only giving me steering . I've noticed this ESC doesn't have a reset/set button on it, or am I not seeing it by some weird chance ?

I'm not familiar with the brushed ESC's. If you're getting the same issue with two different ESC's, I think the next thing to check if the transmitter/receiver. Do you have another one of those you could test it with?

"The ESC instructions don't say squat an I can't find anything online... I took out old put in new .. only steering works.. that was my initial issue before ... need help..lol"

Based on this, could also be a bad motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back