Granite Setup tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krackar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I received my new BLX Granite today. I got to have a quick drive in between my kids having a blast with it.

I'm just wondering if there is any setup tips or things I should be changing or setting up differently from stock?

Thanks in advance

Cheers mate,

I've got a few things on the way already,

Flysky GT3B radio, also a more efficient voltage regulator for it, and bearing for the steering wheel.
Kimbrough servo saver,
Savox steering servo,
Sealed bearing kit( it's always wet where I am at the moment)

A few things that seem to be highly recommended.

First thing I would do is change the transmitter and reciever. Takes away the disgusting lag and makes the experience overall better. I found my steering to be sloppy. Upgrade to a new servo saver with a stronger spring aka Kimbrough. Tires also seem to fail by testing. Pickup some ProLines or Duratax tires. The mention sand method for the motor is a great idea too! I personally like my Dusty Cover but it'll make the electronics hotter.

Welcome to the Arrma Fam

Check all of your screws and fluid levels. Also highly suggest a better radio and servo.
I'm proper new to RC'ing and have just got myself a granite blx. When you say fluid levels what do you mean. Also, after a few runs on road I took mine on a field. One of the rear wheels came flying off. The flanged nut missing had to order some new ones. Got a load today, put the wheel back on and tightened. After another run on a field I noticed the same wheel had loosened again. Am I doing summink wrong? Also, the car came to its usual slow down and cut out so I thought the battery was dead. However, when I got home and put the battery on charge it had 33% juice left innit. Why did the car cut out like battery was dead when it wasn't? Thanks - really appreciate any advice.

These are really good post for everyone and about what I read as well. I have a Granite now for about 3-4 months. I did a lot of posted here: full bearing kit and steering, Tactic radio (cheap/tried and true), the servo is on order. I like the post to protect the motor gap in the battery tray for the motor. I used hot glue to seal it up. Easy to remove and put back when I need to take the motor out.

I also agree with extra taping and reinforcing the body in the rear the shock towers do a beating and I don't even jump mine...well small baby :) hills. I see NO reason behind jumping the Granite 10-20 plus feet in the air or long-distance...so maybe I'm the nut to each his own.

Personal. I wanted mine a little wider on the stand so I added HR 17mm extenders and RPM arms since they have an extra shock whole to lower the shocks. Really comes down to throttle control I did not have then much better now but I still like a wide look...originally was to keep me from flipping it does help to stopped the side tipping in turns.

Next on my list shocks....so MUCH info I don't know where to go. So I decided after a YT video a guy use Tamiya O-rings and another oversized Arrma o-ring for the outside seal and he has been good for months on the OEM Granite shocks. So I have waiting for all that to arrive I have half the order. Currently, I have no leaks but I can see a little small caking at the end of my shocks after a run...very, very small. I will follow his video first before I try to buy HR or another brand of shocks.

Enjoy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back