Felony Seven65 body eating into tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m having a hard time finding a 917 body in a 325mm wheelbase. I really want to do one as a speed run body in Gulf livery. I love those cars. They were brutally, violently fast, and only the best of them tamed that beast.
Yeah man, me too. I did mine in the Gulf livery as well...though the blue came out a bit darker than what I envisaged. C'est la vie. I just finished spraying it. I'll upload some pics when she's done.

I’m having a hard time finding a 917 body in a 325mm wheelbase. I really want to do one as a speed run body in Gulf livery. I love those cars. They were brutally, violently fast, and only the best of them tamed that beast.
Damn. I've spent a fair amount of time searching and the closest I can find is 295mm. Found a ton of 962s (which I think are sexy as hell too) in a 325mm wheelbase, but strangely no 917s.

Damn. I've spent a fair amount of time searching and the closest I can find is 295mm. Found a ton of 962s (which I think are sexy as hell too) in a 325mm wheelbase, but strangely no 917s.
Yes, I may have to go 962, that’s all I found too. OR…buy a Limitless just so I can run a 917 body!!!
Wait, strike that. That was the devil on my left shoulder. The angel on the right, sadly, has gone missing since I started this hobby.

I haven't had any such issues and, visually, I feel like my tires are a lot closer to the wheel wells than yours. Is it possible that the tire came unglued from the wheel and centrifugal force pulled it making contact with the wheel well? Your rear tire looks more like it got chunked by the CF side fill and not the body.

View attachment 217241

Edit: I know it seems counter intuitive, but raising the body actually has the potential of making it worse. The wheel wells on the 765 get narrower towards the bottom with the widest part actually being centered on the axle.

View attachment 217243

Looking more closelier at these pictures got me wondering...what on earth is going on with your splitter here? Is it possible that you have the foam bumper in upside down? IIRC I think I did the same thing the first time I installed the body/foam bumper and was perplexed about what was happening. Is the side of the foam bumper with the cut out section facing down or up?

View attachment 217244
What’s up with the splitter?

Yeah.. What's up with your front splitter??
It looks like it's mounted on with a spacer to "drop" it down more than the stock location.

Yeah.. What's up with your front splitter??
It looks like it's mounted on with a spacer to "drop" it down more than the stock location.
Oh yea it’s blocked by the foam so had to use spacers to install it

C3F0D4B3-D606-4A02-93ED-7347CA248328.jpeg

AF6B4F00-B13C-42AE-9D7E-804BEFDF3531.jpeg

Oh yea it’s blocked by the foam so had to use spacers to install it

View attachment 218735

View attachment 218736
Oh ok. I just cut about 10mm off the bottom of the foam bumper. As I said in my previous post, the wheel wells are typically narrower at the bottom. With your splitter dropped down like that you obviously need to have the ride higher by that much in return which could potentially put your tires in a slightly more compromised position. Just a thought.

It's installed upside down..
No, it is right side up. The body and bumper were designed to be used without a splitter. The cutout in the bumper faces down to wrap around the bumper mount as seen in abrc246's picture. The bumper needs to be trimmed down to accommodate the installation of a physical splitter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back