Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a good deal?

I think for the right person it may be. For having a built in heat sensor that is a pretty fair price.
Rather or not it's a good deal is subjective, IMO. The thing that always ruins the Hobbystar sales for me is the shipping. To have it shipped to me is $10.00, the motor is already $38.99, so basically its $50.00 once everything is factored in. For $50 you could get a Hobbywing Quicrun 2000kv motor. To really take advantage of the Hobbystar deals you have to buy enough items to qualify for free shipping. This is just my opinion, this isn't a knock at @LibertyMKiii or anything like that just to be crystal clear, he's an outstanding member of this forum. The purpose of this section is to post sales, and that motor is indeed on sale.

Yep agree, and to clarify I would never buy one because I do speed runs and need higher quality components that can take the heat. Cheaper motors have cheaper copper wire and magnets that wont hold up to what I do.
Just thought it may fit someone's use case.

IMG_3911.png

Canadian friendly pricing, but they ship to the US too!

Yo, y’all. I just saw this on Horizon earlier today. Sale is only until 4/30, but if you need a replacement 6s Spektrum ESC this is even cheaper than a Jenny’s take off and you get the warranty. Just saying.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/firma-150a-brushless-smart-esc-3s-6s-dual-ic5/SPMXSE1150.html
Personally, i'd just as soon go for a hobbywing 8BL150 G2 though. Same price, 6a BEC (vs the firma's 5a), and has hobbywing's reliability factor. The only downside being that you have to use the programming card to change settings.

Honestly, the price the firma should have been all along I feel like.

Personally, i'd just as soon go for a hobbywing 8BL150 G2 though. Same price, 6a BEC (vs the firma's 5a), and has hobbywing's reliability factor. The only downside being that you have to use the programming card to change settings.

agreed- I got a 8bl150g2 for 55 on Ali during the last sale.

I’ve gone the other direction, I went with a new Gen 1 Max 6 for $99.00 on AliExpress. That was a deal, but even now they’re only like $110.00 or so. If you don’t need or want a sensored ESC the OG Max 6 is one groovy, bulletproof workhorse of an ESC. Knock on wood, I’ve yet to have one fail!
agreed- I got a 8bl150g2 for 55 on Ali during the last sale.
Thats a great price on a great ESC! Honestly, I don’t know why they don’t get more recognition.

I’ve gone the other direction, I went with a new Gen 1 Max 6 for $99.00 on AliExpress. That was a deal, but even now they’re only like $110.00 or so. If you don’t need or want a sensored ESC the OG Max 6 is one groovy, bulletproof workhorse of an ESC. Knock on wood, I’ve yet to have one fail!

Thats a great price on a great ESC! Honestly, I don’t know why they don’t get more recognition.
+1 Max6 G1 is one trusty ESC. Has been a go to for the 6S line and X-maxx's for a very long time.

+1 Max6 G1 is one trusty ESC. Has been a go to for the 6S line and X-maxx's for a very long time.
Agreed. I’m not sure if they’re still making the Gen 1 units, but I’ll be sad to see them go. I’ve never really hankered for a sensored system on any of my bashers (not that the new sensored Gen 2’s aren’t awesome) so my go-to upgrade for 6s has been Max 6 for years. It’s great to see them offered for +/- $100.00! I have two spares NIB, so I guess that will have to do me. 👍

TC Muraco XP 6s RTR $407 w/free shipping. CC "40off350"
I know it's NOT a Talion, but a good rig, sweet deal.."next best thing" I think..

https://rchobbyexplosion.com/team-corally-1-8-muraco-xp-6s-4wd-lwb-brushless-truggy-c-00176/

View attachment 363049
That's a good deal for someone who doesn't do jumping. I hope this means they are going to expand on the 2023 lineup soon

That's a good deal for someone who doesn't do jumping. I hope this means they are going to expand on the 2023 lineup soon
I think we need a SWB and XLWB using the kagama suspension.

I think we need a SWB and XLWB using the kagama suspension.
Yeah, the Muraco is basically unchanged since 2021 as far as I know. So with that, it still has the XP diff input/output cups, which are not as good as the spring steel cups found on the Sketer, Asuga, Kagama or Spark models. Not sure if TC ever added the T2T brace to the Muraco either.
I wouldn't say it's NOT a jumper, but likely not as big air capable as say the Kagama. I would jump the Muraco without fear though. I'm not Duperbash, so I think the Muraco would hold up just fine for most folks in that regard.
As to Asuga wheelbase, it is almost identical to the Kagama or Kraton 6s, the track (width) is narrower, more like the width of the Mojave 6s. An SWB version of the Asuga is already here, it's the Spark 6s from TC.
Oh, and by the way, we're well past 2023 brother!! :rolleyes: ;):p✌️

Back