Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fireteam 519$
150$ off at Horizon and Tower

187657FF-365D-4299-B919-19752A332611.png

Tells me the evil empire is overstocked!!🤣🤣
TBH, I think the drag rc class will likely burn out just as quickly as it ignited..
I think drag racing is too much of a visceral experience & can't be replicated by electric RC cars. No motors rumbling, no big smoky burnouts, etc. I've tried to get into it as well b/c the cars do look awesome, but I just can't.

I think drag racing is too much of a visceral experience & can't be replicated by electric RC cars. No motors rumbling, no big smoky burnouts, etc. I've tried to get into it as well b/c the cars do look awesome, but I just can't.
Yup, the cars do look awesome, but theres no atmosphere like you said. I would imagine the same applies to 1:1 ev drag racing..Ive watched videos of the Hoonigan mustang vs Tesla, while I know the ev is legit, there's just no excitement without hearing that mustang..by the way, that mustang is straight bad azz!!😮🤯😎
Edit..
BTW, how ironic that drag racing is boring without the sights, smells and sounds of internal combustion, yet "I" find nitro rc's to be annoying as all heck!?🤣🤣 the sound is just a nuisance to me..only nitro rc I ever enjoyed the sound of was my Losi GTX that had a silicone rubber manifold on it. Eventually it failed, I put an aluminium one on from a RC10GT which is still on it to this day, but the raspy sweet sound was gone..Losi discontinued the rubber manifold rather quickly to my dismay.

Last edited:
I think you can still do a big smoking burnout w/ an electric motor, ya just gotta nose up to a wall or something!😄

Yup, the cars do look awesome, but theres no atmosphere like you said. I would imagine the same applies to 1:1 ev drag racing..Ive watched videos of the Hoonigan mustang vs Tesla, while I know the ev is legit, there's just no excitement without hearing that mustang..by the way, that mustang is straight bad azz!!😮🤯😎
Edit..
BTW, how ironic that drag racing is boring without the sights, smells and sounds of internal combustion, yet "I" find nitro rc's to be annoying as all heck!?🤣🤣 the sound is just a nuisance to me..only nitro rc I ever enjoyed the sound of was my Losi GTX that had a silicone rubber manifold on it. Eventually it failed, I put an aluminium one on from a RC10GT which is still on it to this day, but the raspy sweet sound was gone..Losi discontinued the rubber manifold rather quickly to my dismay.
I’m excited for hybrid muscle cars. Corvette and mustang are both supposed to have hybrid options in the next couple years. Loud ICE rumble combined with electric whine should be cool.

Mopar/Dodge is also going EV with their muscle car line in 2024. Next year will be the end of the Hellcats and Scatpacks. Still waiting to hear if they will be hyprids or full EV. What a shame, I'm a drag guy my entire life.

Yes, rc EV drag racing is boring and that's why I never joined the coolaid crew. The cars look cool that's it.

There's a open wheel EV racing series called Formula E, it's like the smaller Indy lights cars but electric. So frickin boring, can't stand to watch that long with that aggravating whine of the motors.

I know EV is the future but doesn't mean I have to like it. I hate when Tesla's come to my local drag track or street races to flex their sh!t. Yeah the Plaid is fast but we're talking apples to oranges. I'll take a piston breathing thumper over any EV everyday.

Piston power will newer die, the sound of open exhaust mixed with race fuel and race rubber is just so sweet it makes EVs boring as hell.

Well MFer!!!! They had a few of those ramps I just got left and was going to get another one when it went on closing sale. Too late. DOH!! :mad::rolleyes:

Can't pass up a closing sale. Grabbed what I could use! Thanks for the heads up @Rob66 !!

Screenshot_20220823-162213_Gmail.jpg

Drag Slash and Dr10 on sale

Amain Hobbies. Dr10 also on sale at HH.

Screenshot_20220823-203109_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220823-203037_Chrome.jpg

Back