Share your best RC deals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Hector_Fisher get them here:
https://jimsbearings.com/products/5x16x5-metal-motor?_pos=2&_sid=199e3ff50&_ss=r

You want the ABEC 5 rating actually advertised. Rubber vs metal is a mute point as this is all about dirt and motor isn't that exposed. You should clean your motor once per season regardless.
Max motor temp (ext) should be 160F, that gives you roughly a 200F internal temp. Pending vendor, the epoxy holding the magnets breaks down above 220F'ish.
Oh, right, I forgot about the ABEC ratings..EMQ (ABEC 5) bearings are typically metal shielded. Which is what the factories are typically using.

@Hector_Fisher get them here:
https://jimsbearings.com/products/5x16x5-metal-motor?_pos=2&_sid=199e3ff50&_ss=r

You want the ABEC 5 rating actually advertised. Rubber vs metal is a mute point as this is all about dirt and motor isn't that exposed. You should clean your motor once per season regardless.
Max motor temp (ext) should be 160F, that gives you roughly a 200F internal temp. Pending vendor, the epoxy holding the magnets breaks down above 220F'ish.
I had considered plastic/rubber max temps, but also that rubber shielded have greater rolling resistance. I read in several places where people stated that their rubber bearings failed or melted. As @KnowAir pointed out, most motor bearings are metal shielded anyway.

Coincidentally, jims does sell motor bearing kits that are only abec 3. And it fits a similar description of the listing I originally posted (castle 1515 motor bearings).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202348556448. I'm willing to bet these are the same bearings. I'm curious as to why jims doesn't sell those as Abec 5?

I had considered plastic/rubber max temps, but also that rubber shielded have greater rolling resistance. I read in several places where people stated that their rubber bearings failed or melted. As @KnowAir pointed out, most motor bearings are metal shielded anyway.

Coincidentally, jims does sell motor bearing kits that are only abec 3. And it fits a similar description of the listing I originally posted (castle 1515 motor bearings).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202348556448. I'm willing to bet these are the same bearings. I'm curious as to why jims doesn't sell those as Abec 5?
Perhaps I'm muddying the waters.. not sure what the minimum ABEC rating is for motor bearings, perhaps it is 3? I do know the higher the ABEC number or rating, the tighter the tolerances are.

I do, and I can easily be wrong too, not trying to disprove you in any way. Sorry if I came off that way..I love these sales and discounts!! I grabbed an sct410.3 for $290, I know others have gotten it for even less, but I'm stoked to be able to cash in on it just the same👍😁🍻
My theory is that they have a surplus of inventory they are trying to get rid of. It costs them money if they are just sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Usually when a model is on sale that comes in multiple colors but only one color is in sale that is usually the color that does not sell well.

Any time I replace a bearing in a motor it gets TRBRC hybrid ceramic motor bearings. I have a BLX185 motor with some that are approximately 4 years old now and I have no idea when the last time I serviced them was.

Last edited:
Uh, okay, but why doesn't that reflect on the o8s blx then? It's nearly $1k rig?
I do see that the discount generally goes up with price, but I still believe the Felony and Fireteam are the slow movers for Arrma, hence the bigger discount on them.
Either way, Arrma is having sales and discounts like clockwork lately.. even TRX has lowered the e revo by $100.. sign of the times I guess.

No reason rubber sealed won't hold up in a motor, I don't think. At least thermally anyway. What's a realistic temperature limit on a brushless motor, 200-220f? The rubber seals have a considerably higher threshold than that.
I've never seen anything other than metal shielded bearings from the factory though either.
Perhaps this is due to rubber seals being more fragile than metal shields? Only thing I can come up with..
Metal shielded are not sealed. Also my motor never gets close to 200-220f I’m running 120-140f. When you say fragile as in? The seal is to keep dirt and water out not fighting 🥷!

Metal shielded are not sealed. Also my motor never gets close to 200-220f I’m running 120-140f. When you say fragile as in? The seal is to keep dirt and water out not fighting 🥷!
Yes, I know they're different. Fragile as in debris taking out the seals, metal sheilded would be less fragile. Moot perhaps, but I've seen quite a few seals fail over the years. Even seen them just fall right out of the bearing.
If you believe the seal is keeping water out, I got some land for sale..🤣🤣

I have to go back to what @jkflow said, it's actually cheaper to go directly through jims bearing website. Please ignore my ignorance!

Yes, I know they're different. Fragile as in debris taking out the seals, metal sheilded would be less fragile. Moot perhaps, but I've seen quite a few seals fail over the years. Even seen them just fall right out of the bearing.
If you believe the seal is keeping water out, I got some land for
If you believe the seal is keeping water out, I got some land for sale..🤣🤣
Where’s the land? 😂 ocean front?

Tekno MT410 kit: $314
Tekno SCT410.3 kit: $272

Amain. Coupon code VIPBOX04.

1664334946017.png

1664335013607.png

Many years ago I picked this up for for $200au (about $120ish us way back when)
Raced it for quite a few years after until I couldn't get parts for it any more.
It still runs and does come out occasionally but I'll never flog it like I used to and I hate tuning it
20220928_162650.jpg

I have to pay sales tax at A-main, not at king cobra. Pretty close all in for me but it will vary depending on location. Just another option.
Good to know. Tax really adds up. So FL doesn't collect, or just K of C? I buy from AZ or UT whenever possible to avoid the greedy politico..
I mean to uh, defer the taxman of course.

Good to know. Tax really adds up. So FL doesn't collect, or just K of C? I buy from AZ or UT whenever possible to avoid the greedy politico..
I mean to uh, defer the taxman of course.

I'm not sure what exactly the scenario is, just that King Cobra doesn't charge me sales tax (I'm in VA). So in this particular case the total shipped cost would be within one or two $ to A-main. A-main does have rewards to take into account also though. But in states with higher sales tax, it might make sense to pick King Cobra to reduce the total cost. I usually check shipped prices at two or three vendors to make sure I'm getting the best price, some people might not want to bother which I understand.

Back