Big Rock She likes my Big Rock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evilestkdogg88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Senton 3s
Got myself a new body and a few upgrades. Had to get a new servo, stock was not powerful enough to turn the massive tires. Painted some parts. Added a Granite bumper set. I'm happy with what I have done to it. Now I just need warmer weather in Wisconsin to drive it longer then a single battery life. I would like to know what other upgrades should I consider in the future.

Mojave 6s front shocks and K6s front shocks work really well and are pretty cheap, you can get them from Jennysrc.com. Here is my Typhon 3s with them on.

5EABA6CC-24FB-475F-B50C-7CD15B1DE147.jpeg

Looks really good! I recommend upgrading to plastic arms and plastic body posts as the aluminum arms and body posts bend easily and weigh a lot, you can paint the plastic arms and body posts red if you wanted to.
Actually the body posts are plastic from my Senton. I actually don't mind the weight as of right now because it's hard to control

Actually the body posts are plastic from my Senton. I actually don't mind the weight as of right now because it's hard to control
Good to know, they looked like metal from the pics, lol. But the weight of the aluminum arms will cause many more breakages in the future, it's cheaper to buy two sets of the stock arms compared to one set of aluminum arms.

Nice build. What drive shafts are those? Do they pop out?
RCAWD Sliders, and they do slide out
Good to know, they looked like metal from the pics, lol. But the weight of the aluminum arms will cause many more breakages in the future, it's cheaper to buy two sets of the stock arms compared to one set of aluminum arms.
That is true. The stock ones, I some how took a massive hit, I took out a big chunk

RCAWD Sliders, and they do slide out

That is true. The stock ones, I some how took a massive hit, I took out a big chunk
I have only ever broken one arm on my Typhon 3s, but it was 40F outside and I did a really bad cartwheel. I did some 15 foot jumps in 50F+ weather and no breakages, Arrma plastic doesn't like the cold. RPM arms flex then bounce right back, I have some on my Slash 2wd and they are super durable.

I have only ever broken one arm on my Typhon 3s, but it was 40F outside and I did a really bad cartwheel. I did some 15 foot jumps in 50F+ weather and no breakages, Arrma plastic doesn't like the cold. RPM arms flex then bounce right back, I have some on my Slash 2wd and they are super durable.
I'll have to look into those.

Easy with the title this is a family forum! :ROFLMAO: kidding.
Joking...thats pretty much what I do here. Not sure if everyone finds my stupidness funny but they seem to deal with me.:unsure:😜

Anyway, good looking rig you got!(y)
-N. Mango

Easy with the title this is a family forum! :ROFLMAO: kidding.
Joking...thats pretty much what I do here. Not sure if everyone finds my stupidness funny but they seem to deal with me.:unsure:😜

Anyway, good looking rig you got!(y)
-N. Mango
Thanks!!! I was hoping someone caught on to my little sense of humor

The best upgrade I have done. Got some slash 2.5" wheels, drilled out the holes and used the original wheelie wheels for the spacers. Works amazing, no more flipping it
The best upgrade I have done. Got some slash 2.5" wheels, drilled out the holes and used the original wheelie wheels for the spacers. Works amazing, no more flipping it

Attachments

• Notes_220206_013848.jpg
    Notes_220206_013848.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 40
Got myself a new body and a few upgrades. Had to get a new servo, stock was not powerful enough to turn the massive tires. Painted some parts. Added a Granite bumper set. I'm happy with what I have done to it. Now I just need warmer weather in Wisconsin to drive it longer then a single battery life. I would like to know what other upgrades should I consider in the future.

After having a few 3S rigs and looking back I think the best upgrades now are the simple ones for the 3S rigs. Stock shocks are not bad unless you are Rich Duperdash, RC Dude 81, and sending it to the moon they do perform well...Typhon stuff looks good I agree, and is good but pace yourself out stocks are good. Some things that cost a little have good improvements:

1. TA pivot balls and toss the cheap plastic ones for better RC control
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071H3QY4X/ref=pe_385040_30332260_pe_301860_26203570_n_id

2. Shim the stock bellhousing makes a world of difference

3. If you do not have a good servo over the stock a better servo saver
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O1QQC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Remove the bushing out the bellhousing and replace it with shielded BB

I cannot find the link right now many of us on the 3S rigs have made power module tweak:
A. Washers over the motor shaft to keep dirt out
B. Cut a hole under the power model chassis to let dirt out OR tape around it

It's a good rig no need to spend major dollars but some smart tweaks will help it last and control better

If I did want to spend money....get Proline Badlands MX 28 tires just an all-around great tire for bashing over stock.

I bent my stock shock shafts easily, minor nose landing..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back