Kraton Sheared wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
Lower wing mount bolts sheared clean off.

Drill, tap, SOL?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

E5A2C01F-240A-46A4-A6DE-DFB57A346367.jpeg

This happens... You need to remove the shock tower. Once you remove the bolts that hold the shock tower on you will wiggle it rearward off of those sheered bolts. Once the tower is off there will be enough of the broken bolt sticking out that you can get pliers on there and unscrew them.

This happens... You need to remove the shock tower. Once you remove the bolts that hold the shock tower on you will wiggle it rearward off of those sheered bolts. Once the tower is off there will be enough of the broken bolt sticking out that you can get pliers on there and unscrew them.
This is how I did it. Worked like a charm.

I have tried drilling bolts out of aluminum parts and had real bad luck. The bit finds the path of least resistance which is the aluminum around the bolt.
Taking the tower loose works best. I must have done that very same thing 20 times in my first year with Arrma. If you haven’t already 3DRC or RPM is the best. They will flex before breaking. I did that with the Hot Racing aluminum one ,more than once too! I’m hard headed LOL 😜

Take a thin wheel dremel and put slots on the screw, back ‘em out with a flathead if you don’t want to pull the tower and don’t care if it gets nicked a bit.

Or if you have a light duty 110v Fluxcore welder, weld a nut into the screw and turn the nut out.

Reverse drill bit or Dremel a slot in the screws so you can use a flat head to get the screws out. If you used lock tite heat the part before you try and remove the screws.

Last edited:
In the future use a longer set of screws and Back nut them. We all been there. The 3D-RC wing mounts are truly best. I would consider them. I haven't broken my RPM or stockers as of late. I drive much better now. If you can believe that. :D

But they will be my next set of mounts.

Last edited:
Thanks all! Showing my inexperience with the platform here. I’ve mainly wrenched on my 3s rigs and have not spent enough time digging into the Kraton.

Ended up just needing to tear down the diff case a bit further and was able to get the tower removed with a little encouragement.

Really appreciate all of the responses!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back