Kraton She's making me wait till Christmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure how it is about warranty in the states but over here you cant easily return after 14 days if there is anything with it ... so wrapping it to find out something was DOA - my Kraton 8S came with a DOA receiver - is actually a bad idea - just saying ...

With Arrma we have two years warranty and I've never heard of any trouble from Horizon Hobby replacing electrics. I have six Arrma vehicles and never a reason to make a warranty claim but others here have and have been successful.
Arrma is a solid company and want to keep us happy.
I know other leading RC manufacturers may not be as friendly but certainly Arrma are. It's for many first time buyers one of the very many reasons to choose this brand.

With Arrma we have two years warranty and I've never heard of any trouble from Horizon Hobby replacing electrics. I have six Arrma vehicles and never a reason to make a warranty claim but others here have and have been successful.
Arrma is a solid company and want to keep us happy.
I know other leading RC manufacturers may not be as friendly but certainly Arrma are. It's for many first time buyers one of the very many reasons to choose this brand.
I actually did not know that - I dealt with my LHS and they just replaced it instead of going to the manufacturer

I actually did not know that - I dealt with my LHS and they just replaced it instead of going to the manufacturer
??
I unfortunatly don't have a LHS so I can only speak to online orders. Your hobby shop sounds to be a good one and its impressive that they replaced it for you. I understand that it can be tough for small business hobby shops here in the US to do replacements and it's nice to know that Arrma makes the fix easy to come by.

??
I unfortunatly don't have a LHS so I can only speak to online orders. Your hobby shop sounds to be a good one and its impressive that they replaced it for you. I understand that it can be tough for small business hobby shops here in the US to do replacements and it's nice to know that Arrma makes the fix easy to come by.

Also cool that you got the Kraton 8s! Beast of a truck for sure!

??
to be fair - I called that I cant bind the model at all and the receiver doesn't enter bind mode and doesn't show any lights at all - they said they order a new receiver for the next day and I can come in to swap it out - got the call next day, exchanged the receiver - all good .. one of the reasons I prefer to buy locally, sometimes a bit more expensive like £10-20 but on other days they don't mind giving a discount ... and support has always been perfect

Also cool that you got the Kraton 8s! Beast of a truck for sure!

it is indeed ... well happy with it ...

.. one of the reasons I prefer to buy locally, sometimes a bit more expensive like £10-20 but on other days they don't mind giving a discount ... and support has always been perfect
I wish I had a LHS this good and I would be happy to pay a bit more for good service. Sadly in my experience the markup is in the order of 30% which is hard to justify. I get it, bricks and mortar are expensive and there are overheads but it’s a lot of extra cost for something that you can get from the manufacturer anyway.

I wish I had a LHS this good and I would be happy to pay a bit more for good service. Sadly in my experience the markup is in the order of 30% which is hard to justify. I get it, bricks and mortar are expensive and there are overheads but it’s a lot of extra cost for something that you can get from the manufacturer anyway.
Service is where it's at. I wish I had a LHS but we're slower here to get one. I've thought about doing it myself just scared of the margins and training the general public is impossible. Some say we can train our clientele but those who say so have doubtfully really done it.

My LHS is great. I am brand new to all this and didn't realize how great they were until I've read a lot of forums. They've been around for almost 30 years and will walk you through anything you might have questions on and not just sell you something. And in fact, they were by far cheaper than anywhere I've even found online. I picked up my Kraton 6S for $479 from them.

My LHS is great. I am brand new to all this and didn't realize how great they were until I've read a lot of forums. They've been around for almost 30 years and will walk you through anything you might have questions on and not just sell you something. And in fact, they were by far cheaper than anywhere I've even found online. I picked up my Kraton 6S for $479 from them.
Thats awesome you should support the hell out of them then.

I think I’m subject to the Australia problem of import taxes, higher wages, rent, lower volumes, GST and higher infrastructure costs for a bricks and mortar store’s so unfortunately they do charge more which I completely understand. I’ll try and buy little things from them like adapters and connectors and spares if they have them but it’s really difficult to justify larger purchases which sucks.

oh boy that is torture. It’s one thing to know she is going to buy you one and it’s another to actually see it and touch it before it gets wrapped up. Good luck buddy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back