Typhon shim missing on V5 diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdanKraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
hi, why theres no shim on the V5 typhon but there is one on the TLR? the input gear itself is the same ..

Screenshot 2022-10-19 095337.png

Screenshot 2022-10-19 095310.png

They always added a shim, they just didnt specify it in the exploded view on older releases, but on newer releases (like the TLR) they show it.

i think it's best not to show it there, as the user might assume it has to be there, when in reality the shims should be added based on the specific mesh condition of the diff

hi, why theres no shim on the V5 typhon but there is one on the TLR? the input gear itself is the same ..

View attachment 250953

View attachment 250954

Is yours actually missing or are you just referring to the manuals?
They always added a shim, they just didnt specify it in the exploded view on older releases, but on newer releases (like the TLR) they show it.

i think it's best not to show it there, as the user might assume it has to be there, when in reality the shims should be added based on the specific mesh condition of the diff
FWIW all of my 6s diffs needed at least 1 shim.

so V5 and TLR are 100% identical?

Is yours actually missing or are you just referring to the manuals?

FWIW all of my 6s diffs needed at least 1 shim.
i have v4 that come with no shim..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back