Shim Sizes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the manual and it shows the same size shims on the bearing as the one behind the sun gears which is 5.4x9.5x.2 mm. On the older models it was suggested to use the larger shim in the Mugen kit under the sun which I read was 5x18x.2. My question is, would that near double O.D. cause problems on the outside of the diff.
Or should I avoid those two and go with 5x7x.1?

These are all the sizes that were recommended before the V4's showed up. My guess is that they use the same inside and out to save money. It's really only meant to keep the bearing from sitting right on the drive, so as long as the id is correct, it shouldn't matter. From .1 thickness to .2 might help them to last a little longer.
669b5f8b0d1b0489f0556828712350f56a141c667a84872c83f5d0da0bb43975.jpg

These are all the sizes that were recommended before the V4's showed up. My guess is that they use the same inside and out to save money. It's really only meant to keep the bearing from sitting right on the drive, so as long as the id is correct, it shouldn't matter. From .1 thickness to .2 might help them to last a little longer.
View attachment 39679

@Notorious J
Do these sizes (wich i assume are the needed shim sizes) also apply for my Typhon 6s V3?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back