Kraton Shimming a V4 servo saver or just get a V3 hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I read on here that folks have been shimming the V4 servo savers with snap ring clips which seems to tighten up the servo save and give better steering. Is there any reason not to get a V3 servo saver hub (AR340065) and just transplant the whole thing over in order to retain adjustability and the ability to take everything apart for servicing? Or am I missing something obvious?

I read on here that folks have been shimming the V4 servo savers with snap ring clips which seems to tighten up the servo save and give better steering. Is there any reason not to get a V3 servo saver hub (AR340065) and just transplant the whole thing over in order to retain adjustability and the ability to take everything apart for servicing? Or am I missing something obvious?
That's what I did. I have three V3 servo savers for future vehicles. I will say the one in the EXB is pretty decent.

I am following this to see how others answer. I actually have both on hand and would like to see which way I should go on my EXB.

@IRONWORKER - is the stronger spring an Arrma part or do you have a link/part number if it isn't?

Thanks!

Arrma part # ARA340178 is a stronger spring but I used a spring from a local parts store, same diameter, slightly thicker wire but much more preload.... Mine is about 80% coil bound at rest

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back