Notorious Shims for front/rear arms, what do they do and are they necessary?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Newbie here....When taking apart my Notorious Arms, I noticed some shims (lost a few too....LOL). I noticed on my front arms that there is a shim on the inside part, but not the outside (Unless I lost them). Why not on both sides. Will I cause any problem running without them? I also did not see that they are sold separately and that there are different sizes. What is there purpose anyway.

Thanks to all that answer in advance.........Roy Old & Hurting, but a kid at heart!

Newbie here....When taking apart my Notorious Arms, I noticed some shims (lost a few too....LOL). I noticed on my front arms that there is a shim on the inside part, but not the outside (Unless I lost them). Why not on both sides. Will I cause any problem running without them? I also did not see that they are sold separately and that there are different sizes. What is there purpose anyway.

Thanks to all that answer in advance.........Roy Old & Hurting, but a kid at heart!
The front upper arms should have spacers in the front and in the back. Without them the arms will slide back and forth on the pin and the truck will not handle as well. I'd get something in there, even it it's washers.

The front upper arms should have spacers in the front and in the back. Without them the arms will slide back and forth on the pin and the truck will not handle as well. I'd get something in there, even it it's washers.
Hi Joe Arrma and thanks for the reply......Only the top arms? What about the bottom front and rears?

The front upper arm (inner) shims are there for caster adjustment. Arm forward decreases positive caster (steers quicker, slightly decreases straight line stability). Arm rearward increases positive caster (steers slower, adds slightly more straight line stability) Both need shimmed equally.
Rear arm outer (at the hub) shims lenghten/shorten wheelbase.

Last edited:
Any shims out by the pillow ball on the end can be removed. it tends to help keep the front drive shafts in along with making sure your droop screws are set to where the shocks don't bottom out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back