Shims for kraton 6s v5 diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello there, I am wondering what shims I should get for all three of my kraton's diffs. I bought the Arrma aluminum diff case for all three diffs, and I don't know if that would change what type of shims I should get. This is also my first time shimming a diff, so any tips would be appreciated.

Yup I use aluminum diff case too and I was surprised how many I have to use,works perfectly but more than I tough

www.hyperhobbies.ca

Registered On 2014-04-17

The domain has been around for eight years, so that's a good sign. While the registrar info is redacted for privacy reasons and they don't list an address on their website, I'm finding enough information about people ordering from them all the time on legitimate forums that I'd say it looks safe enough.

Geolocation:

IP: 23.227.38.32
city: Ottawa
postalCode: Not_Supported
longitude: -75.69651
latitude: 45.418877
countryCode: CA

1668575333024.png

Domain Email Servers​

hyperhobbies-ca.mail.protection.outlook.com

Domain Info​

created:
2014-04-17

Servers:
ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com
ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com

Last edited:
www.hyperhobbies.ca

Registered On 2014-04-17

The domain has been around for eight years, so that's a good sign. While the registrar info is redacted for privacy reasons and they don't list an address on their website, I'm finding enough information about people ordering from them all the time on legitimate forums that I'd say it looks safe enough.

Geolocation:

IP: 23.227.38.32
city: Ottawa
postalCode: Not_Supported
longitude: -75.69651
latitude: 45.418877
countryCode: CA

View attachment 256577

Domain Email Servers​

hyperhobbies-ca.mail.protection.outlook.com

Domain Info​

created:
2014-04-17

Servers:
ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com
ns75.domaincontrol.com
ns76.domaincontrol.com
Thanks for your help. The only other spot that I could find them in Canada was at walmart, and they were 40$ a set:oops::oops:.

The shims have arrived :) :) I am wondering if you have tips for someone who has never shimmed a differential? They are the kraton v5 diffs.
Assemble the diffs dry start with 1 of each shim. Do not add oil until you are satisfied with the diff feel.

should the diff feel tight when I turn it?
For me it doesn't "tighten" up until I put oil in it. Look for clunkiness or a bumpy feeling. If there is no play in outdrive cups and its smooth turning you're probably good to go. imo
For me it doesn't "tighten" up until I put oil in it. Look for clunkiness or a bumpy feeling. If there is no play in outdrive cups and its smooth turning you're probably good to go. imo
Also there are these shim kits I've used.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...fpukzDpKMDNfrkPRBXyKDq0ngoSfPMWxoCpQEQAvD_BwE

So I shimmed the diffs by adding shims until they got kind of crunchy feeling then I just removed some until you could very very lightly feel the gears binding. would you guys shim like that? I assume after I run it they will wear into each other and have a good mesh.

So I shimmed the diffs by adding shims until they got kind of crunchy feeling then I just removed some until you could very very lightly feel the gears binding. would you guys shim like that? I assume after I run it they will wear into each other and have a good mesh.
Yup you want there to be a slight notchiness to them.

Anybody have a direct part number for only be planetary gear shims to cross pin ID? Don’t require any of the kits. Otherwise I’ll just go with McMaster matching ID/OD measured shim next order.

Thanks

Last edited:
Anybody have a direct part number for only be planetary gear shims to cross pin ID? Don’t require any of the kits. Otherwise I’ll just go with McMaster matching ID/OD measured shim next order.

Thanks
My digital calipers says 3.5mm id x 12mm od x 0.01mm.

Might need to check your micrometer thickness but everything else looks close enough for the girls I date…

They’d need to be custom from MMC, so I bit the bullet. Could reach out to Mugen, but

04FAAE3B-DC14-4C47-850C-AB348F1AB17D.gif

Might need to check your micrometer thickness but everything else looks close enough for the girls I date…

They’d need to be custom from MMC, so I bit the bullet. Could reach out to Mugen, but

View attachment 295338
Oops added an extra 0 in there that was supposed to be 0.1mm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back