Shipping Is Terrible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing huge delays with shipping? This is outrageous never seen anything this late before. Arrma 3S Wing and Wing Mount...

Screenshot_20210422-055843.png

I ordered an AVC receiver from Horizon Hobby almost two weeks ago and have yet to get it. It was shipped the same day. It sat for almost a week somewhere in Georgia. It’s supposed to show up today, but I’ll be surprised.

With HH/FedEx shipping, It seems that the smaller the package, the longer it takes. I got my Granite in just a few days, but not without a huge hole in the box.

Order and forget is good advice.

Logistics industry is in a bit of global turmoil. Pandemic (w/huge effect on container availability and massive backlogs due to closed sites) + suez shut for a week = massive backlogs

Appreciate your order looks to be domestic us, but this is a global issue effecting the entire logistics chain. And it sucks balls.

I think it's hit or miss, most likely depends on the facility it's routing through. I've had plenty of recent orders that have shown up from USPS as fast as it's ever been. Florida to NC has been as fast as UPS and Fedex shipping.

Horizon uses FedEx and FedEx just plain sucks. They are the slowest shipping company out of the 3 or 4 most popular shipping methods. USPS and UPS are usually the fastest. On some of my packages, FedEx will have it at their local shipping hub on Monday but if the expected deliver date is for Thursday they will let the package sit there til Thursday instead of delivering it early. It's just crazy.

Last edited:
On some of my packages, FedEx will have it at their local shipping hub on Monday but if the expected deliver date is for Thursday they will let the package sit there til Thursday instead of delivering it early.
I've had that happen to me on several occasions. And I've had FedEx say a package was on the truck for delivery, then late in the day change the status to delivery the next day, probably because the driver was lazy.

I've had that happen to me on several occasions. And I've had FedEx say a package was on the truck for delivery, then late in the day change the status to delivery the next day, probably because the driver was lazy.
That's happened to me also. I hate FedEx. That's one of the reasons that I order from Horizon Hobby as little as possible. In a lot of cases, I'll pay extra for shipping from a company that doesn't use FedEx.

Last edited:
I stopped selling on ebay partially due to the USPS. Customers would blame me and want me to wave my magic wand.

My experiences have been that USPS is getting better. It took weeks for a package to arrive over the holidays. Now it's pretty good although last month, several of my packages took side trips to other states when they arrived at the local distribution hub. My hunch was that workers were just throwing them in whatever available hopper/truck in order to get them out of the facility and buy them some time.

FedEx and UPS have been decent - although there are several times when the mysterious "recipient not at home" message shows up while I've been at home all day and my surveillance cameras show no activity. Not even worth calling to b*tch...

Ordered some parts from Horizon via Amazon, just got the notification it shipped on the 21st, says it will arrive sometime between the 22nd and the 27th. ????? a five day window for a shipment from California to Indiana ? but then noticed it was shipped FedEx, and its prob going through the Indy hub, they can take as long as they need....:cry:

My experiences have been that USPS is getting better. It took weeks for a package to arrive over the holidays. Now it's pretty good although last month, several of my packages took side trips to other states when they arrived at the local distribution hub. My hunch was that workers were just throwing them in whatever available hopper/truck in order to get them out of the facility and buy them some time.

FedEx and UPS have been decent - although there are several times when the mysterious "recipient not at home" message shows up while I've been at home all day and my surveillance cameras show no activity. Not even worth calling to b*tch...
I ordered 3 things from HH all backordered no surprise. 2 of the 3 came on friday and the other one came monday. The one that came monday was marked as incorrect address even though I used the same address on all 3. Also @Engineer if you want to spell that word the right way do it b!tch.

I ordered 3 things from HH all backordered no surprise. 2 of the 3 came on friday and the other one came monday. The one that came monday was marked as incorrect address even though I used the same address on all 3. Also @Engineer if you want to spell that word the right way do it b!tch.

I would, but I don't want the covert secret USPS police to think that I'm disparaging their 'amazing' service. ;)

https://news.yahoo.com/the-postal-s...s-americans-social-media-posts-160022919.html

When I get the message "recipient not at home" it usually means FedEx went straight to the post office and pawned the shipment off on the USPS.

On my end USPS is the worst. FedEx is the best. Drives me nuts when something ships via FedEx and gets farmed out to USPS! :banghead:

Horizon uses FedEx and FedEx just plain sucks. They are the slowest shipping company out of the 3 or 4 most popular shipping methods. USPS and UPS are usually the fastest. On some of my packages, FedEx will have it at their local shipping hub on Monday but if the expected deliver date is for Thursday they will let the package sit there til Thursday instead of delivering it early. It's just ceazy.
I had a package coming from California via UPS it stopped in Casper Wyoming then for some reason went to Denver then back to Casper before coming here.

Fedex is the worst for me when I get something from the west coast.
What part of this makes sense? The bold cities is where the package stopped.
Fedex.jpg

Anyone else experiencing huge delays with shipping? This is outrageous never seen anything this late before. Arrma 3S Wing and Wing Mount...

View attachment 141126
Yep, all the time. Paid $20 for 2 day Priority Mail, small box, got it in 2 weeks. Sign of the times unfortunately.

Everything is delayed, backordered, and increasing in price. The land of the free has fought so blindly to stay free that we've become an island nation. Oh, the shame.

When I get the message "recipient not at home" it usually means FedEx went straight to the post office and pawned the shipment off on the USPS.
Yeah, that annoys me to no end... I'm sitting here like "WHEN WASN'T I HOME?!?!? I HAVEN'T LEFT MY HOUSE IN 3 WEEKS!!!". Just had that happen with an amazon or ebay item I bought.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back