Shipping lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slemps

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi all,

just got into the hobby recently (always wanted to) and have a corraly triton and an arrma typhon 6s.

Problem is I live in Jersey (island) and shipping lipos seems to be an issue with most places.

Wheelspin models and Modelsport seem to be ok to ship but I can’t seem to get a reasonably priced 6s for the typhon (currently running 2x 2s).

Anyone in a similar location with any tips? Ideally looking for a 5000 50c 6s pack that doesn’t cost the earth. Probably hard case as I’m pretty good at crashing...

Hi all,

just got into the hobby recently (always wanted to) and have a corraly triton and an arrma typhon 6s.

Problem is I live in Jersey (island) and shipping lipos seems to be an issue with most places.

Wheelspin models and Modelsport seem to be ok to ship but I can’t seem to get a reasonably priced 6s for the typhon (currently running 2x 2s).

Anyone in a similar location with any tips? Ideally looking for a 5000 50c 6s pack that doesn’t cost the earth. Probably hard case as I’m pretty good at crashing...
What country is Jersey in?

When you say you have issues with shipping in lipos from most places, what places do you mean? Amazon should ship just fine and if you are open to soft packs then Amazon has plenty. HRB, Ovonic, and Zeee are brands I have used from there that I have had good luck with and are usually priced decent.

I personally prefer CNHL (chinahobbyline.com) lipos because they perform well and are affordable and have many different capacity, C ratings, and cell sizes available, but again these are soft packs. If you order from there you have to make an account and be sure to select only from the US warehouse. I get my bats from there usually in a week and shipping is free. Their G+Plus line is what I run but their Black series is cheaper and slightly less performance compared to their G+Plus but they weigh less.

As far as 6s 5000mah in a hard case.. don't think I've seen one less than 100 USD.

I buy my lipos from Amazon mostly and they leave them at my door step. No signature needed but my brother who lives in Connecticut has an issue where they won't deliver without a signature...should move to Texas, we don't have stupid rules to prevent shipping batteries ;)

$57 (USD) for two 3s: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZGH1CGC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

If he talking about Jersey Island UK, I can imagine there’s a few glitches in the shipping matrix.
That was the vibe I was getting, but making sure it wasn't New Jersey, USA. I would ask the other Brits on the board for advice.

@slemps
I know a guy, makes lipos out of coconuts.....
181F3932-B5E0-4DAF-84D1-358141C2E53F.jpeg

Just kidding bro....
How often do you make a trip to the cities? Gotta be some decent shops over there yes?

cheers,
kev

Sorry all, should have been more clear. Yes Jersey which is a tiny island off the coast of England.

amazon won’t ship batteries here unfortunately. Banggood won’t either. I guess I’m probably limited to what I can find on the two that I know do.

only other option I can see would be to go to England and find a shop but I’d have to go by boat as I don’t think you can fly with them :/

Yup, try Hobbyking, they have a few ranges of lipos, decent to great. UK and EU (Netherlands) warehouse too. Their stock has been so-so recently, and no sale prices in the past months unfortunately.

Thanks guys. Checking out hobbyking but they seem to be mainly out of stock at the moment. Hopefully they will ship to me though as they have a decent range.

One thing though, they mostly seem to be XT type connectors. My Typhon is EC type.

Apart from the risk of shorting, is it relatively straight forward to switch a battery connector (I can solder reasonably)?

Thanks guys. Checking out hobbyking but they seem to be mainly out of stock at the moment. Hopefully they will ship to me though as they have a decent range.

One thing though, they mostly seem to be XT type connectors. My Typhon is EC type.

Apart from the risk of shorting, is it relatively straight forward to switch a battery connector (I can solder reasonably)?
Easy to solder new connectors once you get over the fear. Best practice is to use a rubber band to hold one wire against the pack and out of the way as you solder the other and vice versa.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back