Kraton Shock caps are stuck......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys. I'm building my dream kraton. Mods going in everywhere but playing the "wait for parts" torture thing. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and address the shocks while I wait. New Springs and heavier fluid. The only problem is the darn shock caps will not come off. I've tried everything I can think of. They won't budge. I've ordered the tekno shock tool ($$$$) in a last ditch effort to succeed. This is a new truck that's never been run. No grime or distortions of the shock bodies. Any suggestions?

That Tekno tool is awsome, but before I got mine, I put a screw driver through the hole, on the top shock cap, and used if for a handle. I was able to get it to break loose, with very little effort.

That Tekno tool is awsome, but before I got mine, I put a screw driver through the hole, on the top shock cap, and used if for a handle. I was able to get it to break loose, with very little effort.

Thanks for the info. I just received the tekno tool to grab the shock without scratching it and the tekno 17mm wheel wrench with the built in shock cap remover. AWESOME TOOLS! The shock caps came off with little to no effort even though they were really stuck. I love these two tools. They are pricey but worth every penny! One of the best tool purchases I've made since buying the MIP Hex wrenches.

Tekno RC Aluminum Pivot Ball and Shock Multi-Tool TKR1115
Tekno RC 17mm Wheel Wrench & Shock Cap Tool TKR1116

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back