Kraton SHOCK LIMIT STRAPS!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
So I got an XLKRATON 6s with 20mm hub extensions from JBI I think. Anyway it’s long and wide. Got the MMX8s with 1717 on it for power. A promodeler 920 with castle external BEC to turn it good. Then put shock limiting straps on it so the shocks can’t bottom out.
It drives great stays real flat even in corners. Have any of y’all ever tried running shock limiting straps before? I was really surprised at the amount it helped the truck for my driving and place to drive. My yard is going bald and I like it lol 😂!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could have just used the droop screws.
They don’t work worth a damn. Arms will just flex over them. That’s one of the reasons I never tried the straps. The straps actually work like the droop screws are supposed to.
Tried M2C and any other droop screw thing you can imagine. Try it man they don’t cost much and they’ll save you some rod ends.
Droop screws put a lot of pressure on your hinge pins and arms as well.

They don’t work worth a damn. Arms will just flex over them. That’s one of the reasons I never tried the straps. The straps actually work like the droop screws are supposed to.
Tried M2C and any other droop screw thing you can imagine. Try it man they don’t cost much and they’ll save you some rod ends.
Droop screws put a lot of pressure on your hinge pins and arms as well.
I had them on some old MT's I owned because there are no droop screws. They look good! I'll never assume anyone in here knows about droop screws or how to use them;)

Thanks for the discussion, guys! I'm waiting for my truck to arrive, and it's not a Kraton (for better/worse). But I was unaware of droop screws, OR suspension straps. Looks like my truck doesn't come with droop screws. Some people have added them to mine, but the idea of the screws pushing against little ears on the frame makes me a bit nervous. But maybe I could rig up straps of some sort.

I'd be just bashing, not trying to race, and would be looking to reduce damage to the shocks by them fully- or over-extending. Would it be reasonable to set up strap lengths to just-slightly compress the shocks? So that the straps prevent the shocks from being able to extend 100%? Like limiting them to 95%, that sort of thing?

Last edited:
I had them on some old MT's I owned because there are no droop screws. They look good! I'll never assume anyone in here knows about droop screws or how to use
Thanks for the discussion, guys! I'm waiting for my truck to arrive, and it's not a Kraton (for better/worse). But I was unaware of droop screws, OR suspension straps. Looks like my truck doesn't come with droop screws. Some people have added them to mine, but the idea of the screws pushing against little ears on the frame makes me a bit nervous. But maybe I could rig up straps of some sort.

I'd be just bashing, not trying to race, and would be looking to reduce damage to the shocks by them fully- or over-extending. Would it be reasonable to set up strap lengths to just-slightly compress the shocks? So that the straps prevent the shocks for being able to extend 100%? Like limiting them to 95%, that sort of thing?
I just bash around myself and you have the right idea about the straps. Hot racing sells them in different lengths. Each vehicle is different but I use 140mm rear 110mm front.
I bought a bunch of different sizes to try out.
I had to play around with them a bit because they stretch and you can use different locations on the shock tower to mount the top end. May save you some shock ends and down time too.

I just bash around myself and you have the right idea about the straps. Hot racing sells them in different lengths.

Cool, thank you. And I appreciate the info on a company to look into. I'll have to see where I could mount straps, once the truck arrives.

I've also seen pictures of people using zip-ties. Which is cheap and easy to try, plus easily adjustable. I'm also thinking about trying a short length of thin, solid-core copper wire, to make a DIY strap. Could be a way to try out the idea, at least. It's too bad that straps aren't adjustable, as it may be tricky to find something that's just the right length.

Cool, thank you. And I appreciate the info on a company to look into. I'll have to see where I could mount straps, once the truck arrives.

I've also seen pictures of people using zip-ties. Which is cheap and easy to try, plus easily adjustable. I'm also thinking about trying a short length of thin, solid-core copper wire, to make a DIY strap. Could be a way to try out the idea, at least. It's too bad that straps aren't adjustable, as it may be tricky to find something that's just the right length.
What vehicle are you getting? I have almost all the 6s trucks and a couple 3s. I’d be happy to measure one of mine to give you an idea where to start. Yeah I suppose you could use no.12 wire. I do elect. work so I’ve used no. 12 for everything imaginable and then some. Electricians duck tape! LoL

Thanks. I have a used (ahem) Traxxas Sledge coming in the mail.

I was actually thinking of starting with a piece of solid-core Ethernet wire, for straps, since I have a bunch of that, it's easy to work with, and flexible. And would hopefully be easy to adjust the length, to experiment (no need to burden someone with getting measurements).

It even seemed like a possibility for testing the idea of external-belting for tires. Maybe quicker and simpler, just as a test, than buying Kevlar cord and trying to glue knots well enough to hold them, to see if belting seems useful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back