Typhon Shock mounting points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy20081

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Does upgrading your lower arms and your upper shock Tower help with reducing shock shaft bending?

It's my understanding that you want to make sure that your chassis is slapping the ground on hard landings as this will take a lot of the strain off of the shock shaft. If your shocks are bottoming out before the chassis hits the ground they're much more prone to damage (i.e. bent shock shafts). I'm no expert on jumping but, just from the physics of it, it makes sense to me.

Do your lower arms have droop screws? If so they probably need adjustment

3s and the original 4s rigs don't have droop screws, only the larger rigs do.. 👍

Does upgrading your lower arms and your upper shock Tower help with reducing shock shaft bending?

The rpm arms are more flexible, so they can help to some degree, but bent shafts are typically from some sort of crash/ tumble..

The tower is what it is, unless you put one of those aluminum braces across it.. but shock position will not help with bending shafts..

Larger diameter shock rods are the answer, not much else will help in that department...

✌️

3s and the original 4s rigs don't have droop screws, only the larger rigs do.. 👍

The rpm arms are more flexible, so they can help to some degree, but bent shafts are typically from some sort of crash/ tumble..

The tower is what it is, unless you put one of those aluminum braces across it.. but shock position will not help with bending shafts..

Larger diameter shock rods are the answer, not much else will help in that department...

✌️
Sweet thank you. I bent a shock rod on a jump but it was odd because I landed flat. Makes me think it happened at a different time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back