Shock oil and how to service?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1zeppelinfan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
Got a V5 6s from new a few months ago, serviced and re-oiled the diffs, does any servicing need to be done on the shocks? Are there any better shocks even though I think these ones are quite good? Any advice is appreciated. tia

Got a V5 6s from new a few months ago, serviced and re-oiled the diffs, does any servicing need to be done on the shocks? Are there any better shocks even though I think these ones are quite good? Any advice is appreciated. tia
Socks are pretty good out of the box. And changing fluid is simple.

Shocks don't need as much maintenance as the diffs IMO, although the manual advises the same for each, after ~20 packs (5 hours) of run time. There's not much need to touch them unless you want to tune them or if they start to leak

The stock 6S shocks are more than capable. It'll be hard to find better shocks out there. Most will be a downgrade!

Replace any worn out or torn o-rings with the genuine Arrma ones (although they should last a very long time), and pack the shock cartridge with o-ring grease. I use Buzzy's Slick Honey grease, others use Associated's Green Slime

Great, thanks. What weight oil do you use?
1,000 cst = 80w (aprox.) FWIW. I would stay with whatever Stock cst is first.
I would first Check the manual or the Arrma Gigasite for this exact info.
You always need to know what stock oils are before changing to differnt CST/weight. For a baseline reference. Whether diff's or shock oil.
You can very easily, and dramatically alter the shock pack for the worse. My spin.:cool: Changing to different cst is trial and error and many do because they have changed out springs and/or have a specific reason to change oil thickness and change the shock pack.
Just, if you have no reason to change from stock cst , don't.
Stocker 6s shocks are known to very durable. Short of user error.

1,000 cst = 80w (aprox.) FWIW. I would stay with whatever Stock cst is first.
I would first Check the manual or the Arrma Gigasite for this exact info.
You always need to know what stock oils are before changing to differnt CST/weight. For a baseline reference. Whether diff's or shock oil.
You can very easily, and dramatically alter the shock pack for the worse. My spin.:cool: Changing to different cst is trial and error and many do because they have changed out springs and/or have a specific reason to change oil thickness and change the shock pack.
Just, if you have no reason to change from stock cst , don't.
Stocker 6s shocks are known to very durable. Short of user error.
Great advice, thanks. Like I said I like them performing the way they do as they are. Just looked them up, They are 1000cst. So gonna order some of that.

Stay with stock oils. Change pistons first if you need it. If you added weight to your vehicle, going with thicker oil will only help compression, and jack up rebound. Better to address vehicle weight changes with spring preload to keep comp/rebound in balance. If you go with heavier oil, get the M2C pistons to help keep your rebound from being too slow/packed. If all you do is jump and never rip turns, you can do whatever you want to get results, but if you like running loops and handling well, you really have to watch what the car is doing to decide what to change as far as shocks go. There is method to the madness.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back