Shock oil for Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan A

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi,

Does anyone know which oil to use if you want the same as in stock shocks for Typhon? I can't find the information:)

Best regards
Jan

Thanks a lot, I don't know why I couldn't find it:)

Haha, no problem!

Let me know what you end up using. I just had to rebuild a front shock after a crash and am currently using some automotive ATF which is noticeably too light of an oil.

Also rebuilt - bent a shock rod. Easy straighten and reassemble but needed oil. I used shock-fluid for conventional shocks - 10wt which is much too light. The spec for the fronts is 800ct which is about 65wt viscosity, so I picked up a bottle of the correct silicone fluid from my LHS and the rebuilt one now works the same as the other side. $4.59 for shock fluid - got some for my crawler as well.
Pretty easy deal all around.

BTW, I had also bought a pair of replacement rods, but they turned out to be too long - for the rears - they are longer than the fronts.
If you hit an obstacle hard enough you'll bend the shock rod. DAMHIK. :)

I realise this is an old thread but I came across it while looking for information. My Typhon V3 blew the top off a front shock landing from a small jump. It lost a lot of oil so I was looking for the right stuff to top it up. Following this thread I ordered up 800cst. However, I was flicking through the manual and on page 40 it says 550cst for the Typhon front and rear. I am now a bit confused. Have I bought the wrong stuff or can I use it? Presumably I would have to drain and refill both front shocks.

Last line at the bottom.. 500cst

Screenshot_2019-09-22-11-53-29.png

I also just rebuilt the front end after crash, read this and went for 500 cst... It's far too light, I'll try the 800 cst and report back. Half tempted to upgrade the shocks though.

I have 70w (900 cSt) in the front and 60w (800cSt) in the rear of my Typhon 3S. It feels very plush ? I also added some shock preload spacers to F&R shocks to compensate the thicker weight and to raise the ride height a bit

I have 70w (900 cSt) in the front and 60w (800cSt) in the rear of my Typhon 3S. It feels very plush ? I also added some shock preload spacers to F&R shocks to compensate the thicker weight and to raise the ride height a bit
In the original, only 500cst

As for the 3s Typhon, I find 500 to be very good on the original shocks. with heavy battery (more than 5000mah 3s) i would consider going up a bit.

For the 6s though i find the stock 550 too light, i went with 610 and i could go a bit higher.

As for the 3s Typhon, I find 500 to be very good on the original shocks. with heavy battery (more than 5000mah 3s) i would consider going up a bit.

For the 6s though i find the stock 550 too light, i went with 610 and i could go a bit higher.

I currently have the original 500cst and it remains very lean! If you make a slightly higher jump, the car will hit the ground so that it will break the first shock tower and the brothers will break!

look at the date of the post. he is referring to the v1 or v2 of the Typhon. The current 6s uses 550cst front and rear.
the 3s version uses 500cst front and rear.
What about the other number example 50 weight 40 weight etc . Sorry for my lack of knowledge

Back