Shock oil in bulk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy 55 gallon barrels of oil for quite a savings. :ROFLMAO:
Last one I bought was in 1986 though.

I would like to see maybe something like 8oz bottles, the 2oz bottles don't really last that long when you are doing 3-4 cars shocks at a time.

I would love a pump bottle. Especially for the heavier diff fluids. I’m sure that could be a DIY addition but these AE bottles are hard to get 500k out of ?

I wonder if Lucas Oil Products would do it? I think they currently manufacture Team Associated's shock and diff oils.

EDIT: I just found a company called PT RC Racing the sells oil/diff fluids in 4oz bottles. Not much bigger than 2oz, but it's something. They are still active on Facebook, so it appears that the company is still in business.

PT RC Racing

Last edited:
https://midwestlubricants.com/shin-etsu-dm-fluid-500-cst/

Looks like shock/diff oil, 35 for 16 oz. All kinds of different weights. I can't find an msds for most rc specific shock/diff oil, however the one I did find from pitbullrc shows theirs is polydimethylsiloxane. And this stuff is dimethyl silicone based. I'm no chemist, but it seems the same to me. 55 gal drums available haha

Last edited:
Yeah i'd say that this is one of my biggest gripes about the hobby. I hear so many people talk about "changing up shock oil weights to improve performance or tune". While i could attempt to save the old shock oil (eventually you're going to have to get rid of it though), it still gets costly buying tons of 2 oz bottles in all different sizes for trial and error. having something in a bigger bottle, espeically one that's your common weight you have in most of your RC's would be really handy.

Then again, maybe i'm just ranting that this hobby costs money at all... :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back