Big Rock Shock oil weight in big rock v3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewStart3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Anyone know what the factory shock oil is that is used in the big rock v3?
Ive got associated 22.5 up to 55.. local shop mainly has associated and losi stuff..
Thank you,
Rich

Associated and Traxxas 40wt is exactly 500cst, Losi's is close enough at 516.

The European brands specify in cSt, like Hudy, team corally or Arrowmax.
Japanese brands also specify in cSt, like Kyosho, Flash point and Mugen.

It's only the Americans who are the issue :)

Once you go above 1000 cSt - where it is stopped being referred to as "shock oil" but instead "diff oil" - the American brands also specify in cSt.

Arrma doesn't sell branded shock oil.
Thank you again! I should be able to make something very close just didnt know where to start! Good Day to you..
The Associated Factory Team shock oil has both the weight and cSt shown on the bottles. I use 45 wt on my Typhon 3S - the 45 wt equates to 550 cSt.
awesome thank you for the response! I didnt think about it until I allready took the broke shock off and emptied it!
I've never seen Arrma brand oil, but TLR is a Horizon brand they might use it in the factory?

Maybe they are using this stuff https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/TD390054
Thank you..
The horizon oil showed to be discontinued.. but I got it pretty close!!

Last edited:
Thank you again! I should be able to make something very close just didnt know where to start! Good Day to you..

awesome thank you for the response! I didnt think about it until I allready took the broke shock off and emptied it!

Thank you..
The horizon oil showed to be discontinued.. but I got it pretty close!!
Yeah I was just saying I wonder if arrma is using this stuff in their factory they had lying around haha. But TLR is a Horizon brand so I imagine they have access to plenty of different oil manufacturers. Great to hear your getting on well with your build, it's a lot of fun building up an rc.

Yeah I was just saying I wonder if arrma is using this stuff in their factory they had lying around haha. But TLR is a Horizon brand so I imagine they have access to plenty of different oil manufacturers. Great to hear your getting on well with your build, it's a lot of fun building up an rc.
I have built many associated and Kyoshos but 8 years back.. accient had me unable to do much of anything ( they the drs said never ) So I moved toes and fingers until I could smackem in the melon with one!! lol now walking and slowly using my hands for small things like repairing rc.. So hard to hold onto screws "( bless magnetic tips )" LoL ... I have been waiting 8 years to get down on some driving. couldnt race yet... but crashin Im good at and air control yea .. The hobby in me wants bigger more powerful.. but im still pretty stoked to go run every time I can! which is sweet after not being stoked for 8 years lol
Great day to you and Ill be around!! Thank you!

I have built many associated and Kyoshos but 8 years back.. accient had me unable to do much of anything ( they the drs said never ) So I moved toes and fingers until I could smackem in the melon with one!! lol now walking and slowly using my hands for small things like repairing rc.. So hard to hold onto screws "( bless magnetic tips )" LoL ... I have been waiting 8 years to get down on some driving. couldnt race yet... but crashin Im good at and air control yea .. The hobby in me wants bigger more powerful.. but im still pretty stoked to go run every time I can! which is sweet after not being stoked for 8 years lol
Great day to you and Ill be around!! Thank you!
Great story, sounds like a good thing to work on, I know it is a hobby that takes some finesse at times, so it is good for us older guys too keeps me using my hands and fine motor skills.

Life Throws a curve smash it or take the ball , lol .. and motor skills I don't know if Id go that far yet.. lol A day after I drove out first 2 packs My dad 68 picked up first pistol grip and drove the big rock and it was close.. sad to say.. but from years of play before. the visual side of it I had an advantage which makes a world of difference..

Life Throws a curve smash it or take the ball , lol .. and motor skills I don't know if Id go that far yet.. lol A day after I drove out first 2 packs My dad 68 picked up first pistol grip and drove the big rock and it was close.. sad to say.. but from years of play before. the visual side of it I had an advantage which makes a world of difference..
I hope the pathways will continue to improve for you, it is nice that your connecting over this with your dad too. I have a great time racing with my dad.

I hope the pathways will continue to improve for you, it is nice that your connecting over this with your dad too. I have a great time racing with my dad.
it is nice that your connecting over this with your dad too
Yaas last car he had was a gold chassis rc10 the original 1 .. and stick controller which I drove stick forever also back in the am frequency days i had a kyosho ultima .. we didnt even know the other was into rc back then til recently .. He was in Dallas Tx and I was in Amarillo... So its way cool! and makes me push a little harder.. He seen the box and was like no way !! I said huh he grabbed the box and goes CHARGE BATTERY!!! LOL !!! Its been on ever since!
Oh almost forgot !!! SWEET SENDS!! learned how to get to media now lol.. I subbed with the bell!! to your you tube!! Lovin it!!

Last edited:
Yaas last car he had was a gold chassis rc10 the original 1 .. and stick controller which I drove stick forever also back in the am frequency days i had a kyosho ultima .. we didnt even know the other was into rc back then til recently .. He was in Dallas Tx and I was in Amarillo... So its way cool! and makes me push a little harder.. He seen the box and was like no way !! I said huh he grabbed the box and goes CHARGE BATTERY!!! LOL !!! Its been on ever since!

Oh almost forgot !!! SWEET SENDS!! learned how to get to media now lol.. I subbed with the bell!! to your you tube!! Lovin it!!
That's so cool about your dad!

When this rain stops down here I'll be hopefully recording some new videos, I've been enjoying the hobby a lot lately and have chosen to not record anything. I feel it's time for me to start up again, so should be a fun time ahead.

That's so cool about your dad!

When this rain stops down here I'll be hopefully recording some new videos, I've been enjoying the hobby a lot lately and have chosen to not record anything. I feel it's time for me to start up again, so should be a fun time ahead.
looking forward to seeing them.. If I had a way to record .. thinking about camera on controller mount idk which way to go about it..
The Associated Factory Team shock oil has both the weight and cSt shown on the bottles. I use 45 wt on my Typhon 3S - the 45 wt equates to 550 cSt.
Thank you, I have many different Associated shock weight oils 22.5 thru 55 I do believe..
I was thinking a little thicker for the front of the big rock its a bit slappy bouncy..

Back