Granite Shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude_man

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I need to buy new shock oil for my granite voltage. What should i buy?

I just did a shock oil maintenance on the rear shocks. When I unscrewed the shock for first time, which btw was super tight to loosen, there seemed to be some kind of gasket sealer on threads it seemed which could have made it so tight. I used a 40 weight oil and now seems a lil sluggish on bounces back up to stance. Haven’t driven it yet since I did so not sure how will respond. Def seems like oil may possibly leak out not sure.
My second thought is what upgraded aluminum shock anyone has tried. The plastic threads on that seem a lil cheap. Will repost after I drive car and check out operation / leak if one

A lot of people here use Green Slime on any part that seals, like o-rings. Maybe that was on your threads?

Sorry for the question... but I saw on the net that several brands uses different values for the density of the oil...

500 shock oil.....10 000 dif oil.....I also saw 200 000 for diff oil... and then now 30 w or similar... where can i find a table where all this values are put in corrispondence wuith other brands...

I mean a RC oil shock 30w means that for tamya oil is 300.000 or something like this... I am getting crazy with all this differences between the oil value between all the brands

Sorry for the question... but I saw on the net that several brands uses different values for the density of the oil...

500 shock oil.....10 000 dif oil.....I also saw 200 000 for diff oil... and then now 30 w or similar... where can i find a table where all this values are put in corrispondence wuith other brands...

I mean a RC oil shock 30w means that for tamya oil is 300.000 or something like this... I am getting crazy with all this differences between the oil value between all the brands
You will need to check each individual brand for their cst equivalents. They may vary between brands.

I just did a shock oil maintenance on the rear shocks. When I unscrewed the shock for first time, which btw was super tight to loosen, there seemed to be some kind of gasket sealer on threads it seemed which could have made it so tight. I used a 40 weight oil and now seems a lil sluggish on bounces back up to stance. Haven’t driven it yet since I did so not sure how will respond. Def seems like oil may possibly leak out not sure.
My second thought is what upgraded aluminum shock anyone has tried. The plastic threads on that seem a lil cheap. Will repost after I drive car and check out operation / leak if one

Took mine apart today and it looks like the factory had varying oil fill-levels and used a RTV type form-a-gasket on the threads. (1 shock was full, 2 would hit air at 80% travel, and 1 would hit air at 50% travel - none of them showed signs of leaking and only have ~3 batteries through each.) There is an o-ring at the top that should seal properly when reassembled, but mine were inconsistently covered in RTV so I put new o-rings in instead.

I used Dynamite brand oil:
Front - 300cst
Rear - 450cst

I have two Granite Votages that were purchased at the same time and was able to run them on the same terrain at the same time and it is SO much more planted now on rough-yard bashing. Highly suggested for those sick of them bouncing around on the factory fluid front and rear.

Cheers!
--billyM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back