Kraton Shock oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aclewis

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hey guys, I decided it was time to upgrade to some better shock oil in the kraton. What's your all's thoughts on this losi 910cst 70wt oil? Also, the cup has the old oil, on a scale from one two ten, how dirty you think it is? Should I scrub out the inside of my shocks or no? If so what with? Never changed shock oil before so just curious.
Hey guys, I decided it was time to upgrade to some better shock oil in the kraton. What's your all's thoughts on this losi 910cst 70wt oil? Also, the cup has the old oil, on a scale from one two ten, how dirty you think it is? Should I scrub out the inside of my shocks or no? If so what with? Never changed shock oil before so just curious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 60
@Aclewis Thank you for asking this question. I'll be watching this thread because I need to learn about this too. I have a Typhon 6S ( Brand New ). Someday soon I'll have to deal with this. There is a thread with a shock oil weight table and Diff oil but just reading it doesn't exactly help with good tuning. Let's see what the experienced members have to say.

I’d not only clean them, but I’d also rebuild them. New seals, etc.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd say that's a 5 I've seen straight up black shock fluid before.

How did you like the stock setup? Factory oil 1000cst iirc.

And to be honest there really is no best wt oil to run its all personal preference as to how the vehicle feels to you. Same goes for the diffs.

I need to look over my bottles but in the rear I'm pretty sure I am running 1100cst and the front I'm sure is a mix of the 1100 and 3000, but I still feel like it needs to be thicker in the front and I might drop back down to 1000 in the rear.

As far as cleaning them goes, just use some paper towels and get as much of the old fluid out as possible. There are a ton of videos on YouTube showing how to service and rebuild shocks. I lost count how many I have watched.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back