Raider Shock Oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are you experiencing any certain issues with the standard shocks?? i have experimented with some budget options to improve the standard setup. Or if you are looking for an upgrade i can possibly help you there too.

I just got the STRC metal upgrades (my caps keep popping off the top of the shocks) just wondering what weight oil I should use when I rebuild them

Depends on what type of driving you normally do?

I found the standard shocks extremely lazy and pretty much useless so i modified mine by adding 2 extra holes of an equal size in the pistons to get the fluid to travel faster and that alone has made the biggest improvement so far without having to upgrade to full aluminum suspension. If you are wanting to ever upgrade then go with Traxxas 3760 and 3762 shocks in a few aftermarket brands.
try using a 40 or 45W oil and see how you go. i have played with oils before the shock piston mods with 60 and 50W. After i made the modifications to the pistons i am trying 35W oil and i will go from there. Plus with modified pistons i tried to get the tops to explode and they haven`t yet. Even try adding one extra hole to the piston to start but i knew what i needed to do straight away and went for the 4 hole piston mod.

I bought trackstar shocks and fillled with 30 and 40 weight (forgot which wt jn which schoks off to of head) and a few other mods- wheelie bar, rear and front hex nut adapters from strc, front and rear hinge pins from strc and front tower from strc. Also have proline badlands for rear tires. My new raider blx is coming for xmas and wanted to run stock for a bit before i do the upgrades. Any idea what stock shock oils weights come in shocks? Planning on switching over to the trackstars with the front springs from the stock raider and rears that came with trackstar shocks

What shock oil are you all running in your raider? Brand and weight?
I just use standard motor oil, as your shocks will tend to pop every once in a while. It works the same as any expensive "RC Shock Oil". No point in spending money on a 8oz. bottle of RC oil when you can just use the stuff you put in your car. I think I even used vegetable oil once...

I just use standard motor oil, as your shocks will tend to pop every once in a while. It works the same as any expensive "RC Shock Oil". No point in spending money on a 8oz. bottle of RC oil when you can just use the stuff you put in your car. I think I even used vegetable oil once...
Veggie oil classic lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back