Shock oils what are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan.u159

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey guys new to the hobby for my first ride I got myself an arrma nero and I totally love it.......but one question what shock oil do you guys run? My nero seems to bottom out to much and I would like to know whats the best shock oil to avoid this... Could I use 200wt oil and expect the nero to hold up? I have upgraded the suspention with aluminum rockers and rods......thanks!

Bryan, any update? Since I stopped trying to make a race car out of it and spending a lot more time air borne I want to make some changes.

Figured I'd do talk it over at the local shop. The main fellow there is all over the Kraton and even more so the outlaw I don't think he's monkeyed a whole lot with the nero. I don't know about drilling out any hole inside the shocks, but the standard up the oil weight and spring weight seems like the way to go.

Bryan, any update? Since I stopped trying to make a race car out of it and spending a lot more time air borne I want to make some changes.

Figured I'd do talk it over at the local shop. The main fellow there is all over the Kraton and even more so the outlaw I don't think he's monkeyed a whole lot with the nero. I don't know about drilling out any hole inside the shocks, but the standard up the oil weight and spring weight seems like the way to go.
Yeah man I can give you an update but you have any questions any priorities of what you'd like to know? I've done plenty upgrades I've done a few mods on it the shocks were one of the most trickiest ones but I'm basically running 3000 cst diff oil in them with 2 1/16 holes drilled through the piston on opposite sides and that seems to give the car the right amount of shock absorption. I also upgraded the rockers to aluminium ones from rpm racing

Looking to better assorb the jumps without breaking other stuff and losing too much control tearing around on the flats.

put the heavy duty shock ends on after one tore. The other three you could see the fatigue already. The ends were misshaped. that initial push isn't straight down the shock more side ways till the knuckle rotates a bit. make me want to shorten the shock or put some stops or straps. Although I've run it quite a bit with the heavy duty ends and they seem to be holding well.

Every jump even really nice square four tire landings the car strikes the ground hard.

Heavier oil has to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back