Outcast shock question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just broke a shock piston and severely bent the shaft. for the price on a set of pistons and shafts, I feel like I should just buy the complete set of shocks for $5 more.

my question is, will rear typhon shocks fit in place of the rear outcast shocks?

also does anybody think I should upgrade? didn't really see much options for aftermarket shocks on ebey

thanks, Beefy!

I am in the same boat. I have an Outcast v1 and I can't seem to find the part number for the shaft.

Was looking around on the tekno website. Didn't see anytging listed for tge outcast. Do you have a part number?

well I couldn't find any info on upgraded shocks, so I just ordered the stock ones. hopefully they'll last longer this time around, although I doubt it...

I was just thinking about this. I have a front shock spring that is bent a little bit. Since the new shocks appear to use new springs, does it make sense to replace with the original springs or get the new front shocks with the thicker shock shafts?

If just the spring is a little bent, I wouldn't worry about it. If the shock shaft is slightly bent, then just take a hammer and a little bit of love to it and save the cheddar!

its working now, but its causing the dust boot to get mashed up. eventually its going to need to get replaced.

Ahh I got u. Sounds like a good time to upgrade springs then. I run tekno springs. They're 8 bucks a pair

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back