Kraton Shock Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imasnyper

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I broke the front left shock shaft/spring perch last week, just got the replacement part in today. I watched the video on shock maintenance that's stickied in this forum, but I'm still having problems getting the shock shaft separated from the shock body. The plastic key piece that's supposed to fit in to the groove is actually one of the things that broke, so I can't unscrew it like normal. I've tried to get something in to the slot to turn it, but it seems very snug compared to the videos. Doesn't seem to want to come out. Any suggestions?

I broke the front left shock shaft/spring perch last week, just got the replacement part in today. I watched the video on shock maintenance that's stickied in this forum, but I'm still having problems getting the shock shaft separated from the shock body. The plastic key piece that's supposed to fit in to the groove is actually one of the things that broke, so I can't unscrew it like normal. I've tried to get something in to the slot to turn it, but it seems very snug compared to the videos. Doesn't seem to want to come out. Any suggestions?

If I'm not wrong on what is broken....Could try needle nose pliers to rotate the bottom plug. Be sure to pad them so they don't dig into the plug.

Put double sided tpe on the shock bldy hand grab hard and turn did the spring perch eyeled just seperated from the shaft?
Ya the shaft is separated from the spring perch, it spins freely within it. Can you describe what you mean with the double sided tape?
If I'm not wrong on what is broken....Could try needle nose pliers to rotate the bottom plug. Be sure to pad them so they don't dig into the plug.
I'm not at home at the moment, my fiancé was looking at it after the mail came. I believe I know what you're saying, I'll mention it to her or try myself when I get home.

Definitely can not get it to come apart. I tried with pliers, I tried with a flat head screwdriver and had no luck. Took it to the local hobby shop for them to look at and they say it's seized. More parts ordered and more waiting now. :cry:

Definitely can not get it to come apart. I tried with pliers, I tried with a flat head screwdriver and had no luck. Took it to the local hobby shop for them to look at and they say it's seized. More parts ordered and more waiting now. :cry:
Put double sided tape arround the shock body grip it and turn hard thats how i did it for my front shocks

The red tool that comes in the box from new has a socket on it for this job

Another Stupid question, after seeing this post I went and grabbed by red tool that came with my Granite.... how do I use it to grip the shock ? I guess I should be using the open end to clip on / grab the side of the eyelet but the opening is too small to get the shock in? I guess I am doing something wrong.....

Thanks

It's used for the underside of the shock body. It grips what the spring perch is supposed to if it's not broken. The opening goes around the shock pin, and then the nubs on the one side of the tool fit in to the grooves on the underside of the shock body. Not sure if I explained that well enough. I'll try to get a picture of what I'm talking about, but my shock is back on the Kraton at this point, so not an easy photo to get haha.

Ah, I think I see what you mean, I was looking at completely the wrong thing.... I think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back