Typhon Shock replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbulsara

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi all,
I recently had to replace my front shocks, they came leaking out of the box.
When i tighten the lower screw in the shock (the one that connects to the arm), if i tight it down there is hardly any movement on the shock, i can hardly wiggle it. However, i noticed that on the one that i didnt replace there is some play, that is i can sort of wiggle it with my finger and the shock will rotate slightly. Does this really matter iF the shock can't wiggle so much? was i tightening it too tight? I unscrewed it back a bit so that there is some play. How do you judge when to stop tightening this connector? (Low end of the shock, that connects to the arm)

I always tighten mine down. I find when I don't the screw just becomes loose . I'd like to hear what others are saying.

That's what i don't get. I am not sure if they were like this from stock or they just got loose slowly. I have only had the car for close to two months though. I just don't want to learn the hard way (breaking stuff). But the fact that you tighten them down reassures me.

That's what i don't get. I am not sure if they were like this from stock or they just got loose slowly. I have only had the car for close to two months though. I just don't want to learn the hard way (breaking stuff). But the fact that you tighten them down reassures me.
They should have a bushing that gives them some wiggle room
don't forget them ! Post a picture .

Hi am not sure if it’s clear from the pics
There is a bit of wiggle room but I had to loose the screw a bit.

Attachments

• 2C8CB27B-DCB1-475D-8C6C-5A27231880C4.jpeg
    2C8CB27B-DCB1-475D-8C6C-5A27231880C4.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 732A2EDD-33F3-493A-ABD1-913A5E37A46F.jpeg
    732A2EDD-33F3-493A-ABD1-913A5E37A46F.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 783E23A3-AECD-4D7B-9B0C-16BF9DE3A85D.jpeg
    783E23A3-AECD-4D7B-9B0C-16BF9DE3A85D.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 45
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back