Shock rod end upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smkd13

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok so after searching the forum and doing some research I found my solution. With the Arrma AR330409 HD rod ends they need a larger ball (6.8mm).

Arrma in their infinite wisdom fails to list that anywhere on their site or packaging.

Tekno has them for $9.99 for 4 steel balls. Today I found that HPI #101083 has the same balls for the wonderful price of $3.00.

The Tekno shock ends need these balls as well. Just wanted to share this and hope it is helpful. Guessing this should be the same durability as the “bombproof” shocks.

AB521A17-D68A-4572-B729-F90AEBCE5ABD.jpeg

Top: Stock
Middle: Tekno
Bottom: Arrma HD
4B5B8D95-E3F5-49B8-B7FB-3AD38C19EC33.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so after searching the forum and doing some research I found my solution. With the Arrma AR330409 HD rod ends they need a larger ball (6.8mm).

Arrma in their infinite wisdom fails to list that anywhere on their site or packaging.

Tekno has them for $9.99 for 4 steel balls. Today I found that HPI #101083 has the same balls for the wonderful price of $3.00.

The Tekno shock ends need these balls as well. Just wanted to share this and hope it is helpful. Guessing this should be the same durability as the “bombproof” shocks.

View attachment 22776

Top: Stock
Middle: Tekno
Bottom: Arrma HD
View attachment 22777
which one do you like better and why?

which one do you like better and why?

Me personally I feel like the Arrma HD are going to be stronger because of the design but only slightly more than the Tekno. There is more mass surrounding the point where the threads start and the ball starts. In reality both these willl take more punishment than stock. You will break any of them unless you adjust your droop settings.

The HD shock ends provide a slightly longer overall length to the entire shock by ~1-2mm

Thanks for this. I recently broke a shock road end so I will be able to fit the HD rod ends that I had in stock properly now.

Thanks for this. I recently broke a shock road end so I will be able to fit the HD rod ends that I had in stock properly now.

Hey no problem man. Glad I could help I liked the idea of using the aluminum spacers but I feather have the balls there for any Forbes that are perpendicular to the rod end.

Updated the links to better prices

Some of the ball ends are like gold. I bit the bullet and bought the tekno ones with the metal balls, was a bit steep on price. I also tried some dubro ones that were thicker. Both seem to be holding up about the same. I have dubro on the front and tekno on the rear. I had really bought the dubro's to try on my revo shocks/pushrods. I wasn't sure if they would fit so I had only bought 4. At $8 a pair, I didn't want to go nuts and buy the 24 I wanted, $80+ experiment. Haven't gotten around to trying them on my revo's yet. I'll have to drill them out for the pushrods, but I think the 3mm is ok for the shocks. Can't recall if I drilled them out for the outcast or not... I think I did, then tapped them half way as well.

2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-01.jpg

Has anyone purchased longer shock rod ends than the stock ones? Looking for a little more rear droop out of my tekno shocks they were a little shorter than the factory red shocks. +1 for the tekno ends they don't budge if the droop screws are set right.

Shock rod ends wouldn’t matter about more droop cause your extending the shock length. It means yes it will go farther down but in turn will go less up because the shock is compressing the same amount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back