Shock rod ends 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slicktmi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone got any suggestions on shock rod ends for the 6s rigs that will actually last i put some tekno ones and those snapped on the second bash i seen the bomb proof rod end thread but anyone got an updated hack?

They make some traxxas ones that might work but i think they would stretch way too easy with that soft plastic
Yes. I used the RPM 4mm ones for traxxas on mine just to get me through my bash session and it lasted about a pack then stretched/ripped apart.

Surprised you broke the tekno ones. I've been running those on the rear of my outcast for quite a few months and they are still in perfect condition without any slop.

The dubro monster 3mm ends I used on the front were ok, until I caught a tree branch and the truck dropped about 12 feet right on the front right wheel. Ben the RPM arm so far that it also popped the cvd out of the cup. It was about 40F outside at the time.

The other dubro on the other side is still in perfect condition. I installed dubro on the front and tekno on the rear just to see how they compared. The dubro's require modification to work but other than that freak incident, they have sloughed off every other stupid crash I've had.

Dubro 2319 I have on the front compared to stock:
2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-01.jpg

vs Tekno 6140B/5049A I have on the rear compared to stock:
2018-0814-Outcast-ShockEnds-vs-TeknoTKR6140B-TKR5049A.jpg

Like I said though, the dubro's require a bit of effort to use. You have to cut them off at the line where the "dome" part starts and drill them a few mm deeper for a 4mm, then tap them. Also, they require a 1mm shim/spacer on the pin (which is a pain to put in place) due to the ball not being as wide.

I had them on hand when I totally stretched out my first ones on my outcast. I bought them to try out on my revo's for pushrods/shocks as it is also plagued with short life ball ends. So, figured I'd go through the extra bit of work to try them out at least on the front while I waited for the Tekno's to show up.

Last edited:
Yes. I used the RPM 4mm ones for traxxas on mine just to get me through my bash session and it lasted about a pack then stretched/ripped apart.

Surprised you broke the tekno ones. I've been running those on the rear of my outcast for quite a few months and they are still in perfect condition without any slop.

The dubro monster 3mm ends I used on the front were ok, until I caught a tree branch and the truck dropped about 12 feet right on the front right wheel. Ben the RPM arm so far that it also popped the cvd out of the cup. It was about 40F outside at the time.

The other dubro on the other side is still in perfect condition. I installed dubro on the front and tekno on the rear just to see how they compared. The dubro's require modification to work but other than that freak incident, they have sloughed off every other stupid crash I've had.

Dubro 2319 I have on the front compared to stock:
2018-0806-Dubro2319Monster3mmVsArrmaAR330338-01.jpg

vs Tekno 6140B/5049A I have on the rear compared to stock:
2018-0814-Outcast-ShockEnds-vs-TeknoTKR6140B-TKR5049A.jpg

Like I said though, the dubro's require a bit of effort to use. You have to cut them off at the line where the "dome" part starts and drill them a few mm deeper for a 4mm, then tap them. Also, they require a 1mm shim/spacer on the pin (which is a pain to put in place) due to the ball not being as wide.

I had them on hand when I totally stretched out my first ones on my outcast. I bought them to try out on my revo's for pushrods/shocks as it is also plagued with short life ball ends. So, figured I'd go through the extra bit of work to try them out at least on the front while I waited for the Tekno's to show up.
Those look pretty solid i too was surprised i busted the teknos they like to snap right where the circle meets the shaft i busted both i had in the rear

Those look pretty solid i too was surprised i busted the teknos they like to snap right where the circle meets the shaft i busted both i had in the rear
The dubro that broke snapped right where the shaft ended and it basically shattered. Which makes me think the cold weather played a part.

I also busted both texno in the rear. I have 4mm shocks in the rear so I had to drill just a bit to get the rod end to start and then it made its own threads

I broke a Tekno rod end once, but I also bent a Tekno shock shaft and my shock tower. I swear that birdbath came out of nowhere when I landed in it.

I broke a Tekno rod end once, but I also bent a Tekno shock shaft and my shock tower. I swear that birdbath came out of nowhere when I landed in it.
Stuff like this tends to happen when you least expect it lol you shouldn't bash near objects ?

Stuff like this tends to happen when you least expect it lol you shouldn't bash near objects ?
It was 20-30 feet past the ramp. I was hoping to get more air than distance.

I busted one on my outcast this weekend. Snapped it right in half. Landed on a garbage can off a half pipe. Wasn't too hard of a hit, but I guess I hit it just right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back