Typhon Shock Rod Ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elhish

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hey there, this is the 2nd time I broken shock rod of my typhon 6s and was planing to order couple of new ones soon, but before I do wanted to check if there is an upgrade ones out there and will fit arrma shocks?.

Nero HD and tekno pivot balls FTW.

Btw. Anyone is just guessing as they don't know your setup... ??Like your extra aluminum goodies. Did you jump high and land wrong? Stock rod ends suck as they are thin.

Forum used to be a place where everyone could contribute. Not just a select few...

Last edited:
This^^^, @Exc3l speaks the truth.

If droop is excessive, the shocks rod ends and even the pistons will break. Less droop will prevent the shocks from extreme extension, or the rod ends/ pistons will break. I always check my shocks for proper function if I break a rod end, sometimes the piston also cracks. You cant visibly see it though inside within the shock itself. Droop needs to be setup with ALL new 6S rigs out the box.
That's why the majority of rod end breakage occurs out the box when new IMHO.

FWIW, I use Tekno rod ends and spring retainers, when my shock rod ends do ends break. Stock rod ends can still break despite correct droop at times, especially if you enjoy 20 Ft. cart wheels....when you bash.:ROFLMAO:

Chassis setup is important out the box with any RTR, Always check it. Every RTR is like that, not just Arrma rigs.
You can learn as you go, fine. Learning from mistakes is ok as long as you don't repeat the mistakes over and over.:LOL:

This^^^, @Exc3l speaks the truth.

If droop is excessive, the shocks rod ends and even the pistons will break. Less droop will prevent the shocks from extreme extension, or the rod ends/ pistons will break. I always check my shocks for proper function if I break a rod end, sometimes the piston also cracks. You cant visibly see it though inside within the shock itself. Droop needs to be setup with ALL new 6S rigs out the box.
That's why the majority of rod end breakage occurs out the box when new IMHO.

FWIW, I use Tekno rod ends and spring retainers, when my shock rod ends do ends break. Stock rod ends can still break despite correct droop at times, especially if you enjoy 20 Ft. cart wheels....when you bash.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah I guess that's a bad decision to unbox and throw batteries on it and go for bashing lol. I'm impressed though that the car did well on high jumps with small damage.

Care to link which tekno rod ends should I get and spring retainers? Thanks
Nero HD and tekno pivot balls FTW.

Btw. Anyone is just guessing as they don't know your setup... ??Like your extra aluminum goodies. Did you jump high and land wrong? Stock rod ends suck as they are thin.

Forum used to be a place where everyone could contribute. Not just a select few...
True ?, well it's out of the box and straight into the air ?

You don't need the balls , the stock is supposed to fit according to others here on AF. Skip them. I have a Tekno MT, and just had the balls lying around.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back