Outcast Shock rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Are there any other known shock rod ends that fit the Outcast? Mine needs replaced but is out of stock for a month or so. Part of the shaft broke off inside it. Or is there something I can try to remove it. Starting to regret buying those ramps lol. Thanks in advance.
1489939444253-1666163246.jpg

Sorry, but what I see is that Frank needs also an new shock rod. Looks like a broken thread in the rod end.
@Frank,
Do you can compare the shock rod with the opposite side? Maybe you can see if the rod is damaged or not.
Concerning the rod end... The Hobao cups are fitting in the springs and rod ends, maybe they will also fit on the shock rods.
I use the Hobao cups, but I muddled the rest of the set. So I can not check if it will fit..

These will work,just use the smaller ones and you have to round down the ends a little
to fit in the Arrma spring cups.
I think I had to drill the holes a little deeper too but they seem to work fine.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hpi-ra...0h9I2cRbVS0V0aDoipM70TYG3x_Gasw5noaAq6V8P8HAQ

Thanks! I might even have some laying around somewhere. I thought the Savage had 4mm shafts but you're right.

Sorry, but what I see is that Frank needs also an new shock rod. Looks like a broken thread in the rod end.
@Frank,
Do you can compare the shock rod with the opposite side? Maybe you can see if the rod is damaged or not.
Concerning the rod end... The Hobao cups are fitting in the springs and rod ends, maybe they will also fit on the shock rods.
I use the Hobao cups, but I muddled the rest of the set. So I can not check if it will fit..
Yes, shock shaft broke too. I got lucky and found a pair of the shock shafts on ebay for retail price. Thanks for the info!

My outcast's left front rod end keeps disconnecting on landings. Most to almost all medium hard landings makes it pop out. All hard landing it pops out. If it was only hard landings I wouldn't mind as much but I feel like there is almost no resistance when I pop it back on. This threads title is rod ends so I thought I could include this here instead of starting a new. Is there a easy fix to increase the integrity of the connection without compromising the functionality? Or should I just order a new end? The rod ends seem to be sold out so will the hpi ones mentioned above work?

Are there any other known shock rod ends that fit the Outcast? Mine needs replaced but is out of stock for a month or so. Part of the shaft broke off inside it. Or is there something I can try to remove it. Starting to regret buying those ramps lol. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 8821

I just posted in the other shock rod end thread how to fix it and I havnt broke 1 sense I've put them on

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back