Outcast Shock rod ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snoprosledneck88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Voltage
I just got a 2018 outcast today. This thing is amazing and I kept hitting this jump bigger and bigger and all was well. Messed up a front flip and wife decided to bet me I couldn’t land one. So I took her up on the challenge and failed miserably and broke a shock rod end on the front and rear. What rod ends are everyone using? The rod ends I broke are on the bottom on front and rear. What Tekno rod end a would replace these. I’m worried these will be harder to find because of the 4mm shafts vs the old 3.5mm. Or are the threaded sections of the shafts the same size? Thanks so much in advance everyone. Really hoping to go to my LHS tomorrow and get this thing running again.

Normally you'd use Arrma part# AR330338 but with the parts backorder you may have a hard time finding them in stock. As an alternative you can use Tekno part# TKR6140B
Thanks brother! Since these are for the bottom I won’t need to do anything with the stand off’s, right?

RPM or T-Bone front bumper and about a dozen rear wing mounts :D

It's hard to say really. Depends on how hard you are on it. I stocked up on spares just to be safe but in hindsight it would have been more cost effective to have bought 2 Outcasts at the same time. One to bash and one to tear down for spare parts. I will admit I'm really hard on parts, partly because I only run 6s and watch way too many Rich D and Thomas P videos on YouTube. Constantly hitting the 4 foot ramp in the back yard at high speed doesn't help any either.

Last edited:
RPM or T-Bone front bumper and about a dozen rear wing mounts :D

It's hard to say really. Depends on how hard you are on it. I stocked up on spares just to be safe but in hindsight it would have been more cost effective to have bought 2 Outcasts at the same time. One to bash and one to tear down for spare parts. I will admit I'm really hard on parts, partly because I only run 6s and watch way too many Rich D and Thomas P videos on YouTube. Constantly hitting the 4 foot ramp in the back yard at high speed doesn't help any either.
How often do you have rod ends break? I honestly can’t believe how this thing flys! I have some dirt jumps made here at home home and I was blown away how far this thing flew. Might try to get a 14T pinion for a little more speed/air control without the heat issues. Rich D is definitely to blame for my issues. Even my 4 year old asks “can we watch Duperbash?”

3 rod ends so far
the last 2 at the same time I took out the rear shock tower and a lower hinge pin
IMG_6790.JPG

Adjusting your droop settings will help your eyelets from pulling through, but you do loose some ride height.
I’m going to adjust the drop screws a little bit. I would rather loose some ride hight vs breaking parts. One of the ones I broke pulled through and the other broke clean. It looks like it was screwed on a little to far from the factor so maybe that added stress to it.

@Imtheoutcast has a video on how to make some tuff eyelets for the shock rod ends. I tried it and they seem to be holding out great. I don't jump my stuff like Duperbash but she's airborne quite often. Haha

Well I got it back together for now. Ran a couple packs through it tonight and everything stayed together. Going to bulletproof the rod ends once I can locate some parts. I have some Tekno ends coming in the mail so if I can make it till Wednesday I can continue to enjoy this thing. Thanks for all of the help everyone!

Attachments

• A0105320-EB92-41CF-AE3A-18B189DF3B14.jpeg
    A0105320-EB92-41CF-AE3A-18B189DF3B14.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 63
I messed with my droop screws and backed them out and first jump broke a shock rod end. Adjust them and no problems at at all.

Adjusting your droop settings will help your eyelets from pulling through, but you do loose some ride height.
But the ride height loss doesn't matter bashing, you're not Crawling, plus it's a lot easier to set up your line for the jumps, that way you don't accidentally launch crooked

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back