Shock/rod Shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshHefnerX

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
What tools do you guys use to hold the shafts (shock and suspension rods) w/o scoring them up, when you trying to twist the ends on/off?

Smooth jaws channellocks I did see at LHS a cool tool that is spacificly designed for that

ok, had some smooth jaw pliers but they don't grab like I want. Innertube does sound like a good idea.

I managed to grab a Tekno shock tool from my local Hobby People before they went out of business. Used it today on my new Coated shock rods, and I had already greased them up for installation and they pliers held solid. NO scratches or dings in the shafts. And there is a place that snaps the little balls in place and 17 and 12 MM section for tightening. Really a great tool, but I doubt I will use it more than a coule time a year. But I guess that's why we buy tools. That way the next time we need it, we don't have to buy it.

TKR1115 – Pivot Ball and Shock Multi-tool

TKR1115_1s-354x354.jpg

As already stated, the correct tool for this is a shock shaft plier with the correct diameter for your shafts. The Tekno tool is 3 and 4mm but doesn't have 3.5mm. The alternatives all end up working when they effectively avoid scoring the shafts which is the point of not using bare visegrips :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back