Shock screws bend/break

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi,

I'm always bending or breaking the screw that goes through the top of the front shock and attaches to the shock mount.

It seems an M3 screw is quite small, particularly for a 6s rig, and an M4 would be a more suitable diameter since quite a lot of force is placed on it during big landings.

Do other people have this problem? Any thoughts on how to stop this happening?

Has anyone tried titanium screws instead?

Thanks,

Simon

Try the EXB standoffs. One option
They will retain the stock shock cap protectors. M2c also makes better standoffs for the 6s rigs. (uses M4's)
I think 4mm is a great idea. Ti may crack. In some cases worse than bending steel.
12.9 M4 screws are best. M2C is strong, but cannot use the the protectors. I could be wrong on this. Double check with M2C and some of @Rich Duperbash videos showcasing them.
User error I find is largely responsible;. I used to break mine. Not lately though. Upgrading to stronger towers makes these break more easily IMHO.
You could try M3 Ti. Cant't hurt. My work for you. :cool:

Last edited:
Try the EXB standoffs. One option
They will retain the stock shock cap protectors. M2c also makes better standoffs for the 6s rigs. (uses M4's)
I think 4mm is a great idea. Ti may crack. In some cases worse than bending steel.
12.9 M4 screws are best. M2C is strong, but cannot use the the protectors. I could be wrong on this. Double check with M2C and some of @Rich Duperbash videos showcasing them.
User error I find is largely responsibe;. I used to break mine. Not lately though.
You could try M3 Ti. Cant't hurt. My work for you. :cool:
You can use the protectors with m2c standoffs both my rigs have em. The issue I have with the m2c standoffs is the screw comes loose on me I even tried red loctite and they still back out. So I just give up and tighten them every now an then

I wonder if the Tekno shock cap bushings would fit on the Arrma shocks. 🤔 If they do you could drill out your shock towers to 4mm and use Tekno shock standoffs. I run the complete Tekno shock setup on my Outcast and have only bent 2 standoffs over the past 3 years.

I'll check to see if they fit. But just in case these are the parts.

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr8730-shock-cap-bushings-4pcs-requires-tkr8727/ shock cap bushings.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr872...requires-tkr8730-fits-tkr8702-tkr6003-b-2pcs/ shock standoffs.

I wonder if the Tekno shock cap inserts would fit on the Arrma shocks. 🤔 If they do you could drill out your shock towers to 4mm and use Tekno shock standoffs. I run the complete Tekno shock setup on my Outcast and have only bent 2 standoffs over the past 3 years.
Give it a try shock guru and let us peasents know!

V1's need not apply. I didn't know that they were diff. 👍

V1's need not apply. I didn't know that they were diff. 👍
Part numbers are different for the caps but I do not know how they differ so there is no guarantee that they will fit, but I do know that the V1 shocks will not fit on the V3 standoffs and the V3 shocks will not fit on the V1 standoffs.
well what the hell. The shock guru only has v1? Guess we will be stuck wondering.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I never felt the need to downgrade. 🤷‍♂️ :LOL:

My experience, if you land wrong the M2C M4 will snap just as bad as the stock ones. Buy a bunch of M3 screws for $5 and learn how to land, easy to swap in the field. Yes, I'm still in the learning phase as well :ROFLMAO:
You would be doing the same with M4, highly suggest upgraded towers with M4.

My experience, if you land wrong the M2C M4 will snap just as bad as the stock ones. Buy a bunch of M3 screws for $5 and learn how to land, easy to swap in the field. Yes, I'm still in the learning phase as well :ROFLMAO:
You would be doing the same with M4, highly suggest upgraded towers with M4.
Aren't the M2C ones just stainless steel?

Aren't the M2C ones just stainless steel?
the standoffs I beleive are yes but the grub screw is just black steel like stock screws. They need to make it one piece of steel and have the nut thread on, not have the black grub screw thread into the standoff then the nut thread onto that.

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at some of the other stand-offs that are available.

...and in the meantime, buy a bunch of M3 screws.

Cheers.

the standoffs I beleive are yes but the grub screw is just black steel like stock screws. They need to make it one piece of steel and have the nut thread on, not have the black grub screw thread into the standoff then the nut thread onto that.
I just checked, the old ones use stainless steel, but the new ones are steel.
Yeah the Tekno ones are all one piece which is nice, these are the old style standoffs for the ET48.3 and the longer one is off the MT410, the ones I linked above are the newer style and are required for the new shock bushings.
20210303_203401.jpg

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at some of the other stand-offs that are available.

...and in the meantime, buy a bunch of M3 screws.

Cheers.
Just make sure to get 12.9 grade hardened steel, 10.9 will snap off rather easily and stainless will just bend.

I just checked, the old ones use stainless steel, but the new ones are steel.
Yeah the Tekno ones are all one piece which is nice, these are the old style standoffs for the ET48.3 and the longer one is off the MT410, the ones I linked above are the newer style and are required for the new shock bushings.
View attachment 129931

Just make sure to get 12.9 grade hardened steel, 10.9 will snap off rather easily and stainless will just bend.
Those eb48 and mt410 standoffs, do they share the same O.D. where cap bushing sits as the arrma standoffs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back