Shock Shaft Pliers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
I bought the Tekno tool. Aside from shock shafts, I’ve used the tool to put on rod ends, hold shock bodies in place (Tekno shocks have 17mm hex cuts on the bottom of the body) and to drive in/drive out rod end balls. It’s probably my most used tool next to my MIP hex drivers.

I think most have the same features so you’re fine with getting whatever brand.

The Techno one has been great for me.

That's the one I got from amazon. Does the job and is pretty cheap, has other useful tools as well. A soft-jaw plier with curved, fitted jaws is not going to cause any damage to the shock shafts. It's the right tool for the job, and makes the task easy.

Never used specific shock shaft pliers.

I use the flat spot on a standard needle nose. Never failed me.
That's what I've been using, but I've acquired a bunch of points on Horizon and have been looking at some luxury items.

I use pliers and a paper towel around the shaft, it works and causes no damage.

That's the one I got from amazon. Does the job and is pretty cheap, has other useful tools as well. A soft-jaw plier with curved, fitted jaws is not going to cause any damage to the shock shafts. It's the right tool for the job, and makes the task easy.
Same here, Works fine and decent price

That's what I've been using, but I've acquired a bunch of points on Horizon and have been looking at some luxury items.
It is really worth it to not damage the shafts. The aluminum can grip the shaft when you need to tighten down rods ends, etc - and will not scratch or cut into the steel shaft like normal pliers will.

I use my shock pliers all the time. The cheapo ones work fine no need to spend $20+ on a pair.

1699805956892.png

Shop around if its at HH its over priced

It's been nearly 2 years I'm pretty sure he's already bought one by now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back