Outcast Shock Tower Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfounded? No- again backed on numerous other similar paths on real work car modifying over the years. Just because you aren't aware of such things does not make it unfounded whatsoever. If anything it just makes you inexperienced, and/or naive.

Reprehensible? Are you even sure you know what that word means? Because it is pretty harsh to throw around, and THAT is unfounded.

Excuse me?

Are you truly that much of an ignorant asshole?

I have ZERO axes to grind, have already said the product was high quality- and said MY experience was poor communication and shipping time. That is NOT attacking by any means.

I greatly appreciate any vendor that offers military a discount, and happily share that info with others- both as a benefit to fellow vets in the hobby, but also as a benefit to the vendor themselves- when they offer a discount, and by the vet sharing that info the vendor potentially gets more business. Win-win.

I never expect a discount, nor would I ever wish harm on someone who didn't offer one. To say that I would, or anyone else would is shameful on you and really makes you look callous and spiteful to try to win an irrational argument.

As much as you just had the choice to post your blurb, I certainly could post my experience.

Just because YOU don't like what I had to say doesn't make it 'unfounded' nor do you have the right to tell me not to comment or give a warning.

You don't need to agree with me, I don't need to agree with you. Doesn't make me wrong. But certainly makes many of you oversensitive.

Holy hell you people- you act like I said he killed somebody. I never said parts not received, never said ripped off.

I said poor communication and slow shipping. I said other companies who showed this behavior like this have end up eventually ripping people off so buyer beware.
You may have had similar experiences with other company's in the past, but what you are doing today is putting a negative mark on a company that has done nothing that would warrant it. Slow shipping and lack of correspondence are not the traits of every failing company, ie: T Bone Racing. This could just be a result of overwhelming demand for such a high quality product. If you believe that your words won't have a negative affect on their business, than you surely don't understand the power of social media. For all intense purposes, you started a rumor that there is a possibility that their company is on a downturn, and likely to be folding in the near future. What you based your opinion on is slow shipping and lack of correspondence. How do those two points alone extend to the idea that people should be watching their money and reconsider a purchase from that company? This is exactly what you said. If just 10% of the members here were to take your advice, how do you think that might affect their bottom line? Opinions about products and their quality are what most would expect to find here, because those opinions come from first hand knowledge and experience. A company's inability to follow up with warranty would be valuable information. But making a claim that a company might be in trouble and the buyer should beware, needs to be backed by more than just someone's previous experiences with companies from a completely different segment. If you would like a prime example, a new member here just getting familiar with an Arrma vehicle and rc's in general, might read your post and be immediately discouraged from buying those products. Not because they read the the product wasn't of good quality and value, but because they might lose money and never receive a product. When you buy something, use it, and decide the product isn't any good, a review is absolutely warranted. This is the basis of most online shopping and the backbone of many retailers. But what you said about Voltage Hobbies is borderline slander. The original question in this thread was asking for opinions regarding shock towers. You own different brands and would be able to give honest opinions on their quality and value. Even a note that the shipping is sometimes slow and correspondence is inadequate. This is where the conversation should have ended. But it didn't. You took it upon yourself to warn all future purchasers that they should stay away or risk losing their money. You may have taken a step in destroying someone's business in the future.

giphy (2).gif

You may have had similar experiences with other company's in the past, but what you are doing today is putting a negative mark on a company that has done nothing that would warrant it. Slow shipping and lack of correspondence are not the traits of every failing company, ie: T Bone Racing. This could just be a result of overwhelming demand for such a high quality product. If you believe that your words won't have a negative affect on their business, than you surely don't understand the power of social media. For all intense purposes, you started a rumor that there is a possibility that their company is on a downturn, and likely to be folding in the near future. What you based your opinion on is slow shipping and lack of correspondence. How do those two points alone extend to the idea that people should be watching their money and reconsider a purchase from that company? This is exactly what you said. If just 10% of the members here were to take your advice, how do you think that might affect their bottom line? Opinions about products and their quality are what most would expect to find here, because those opinions come from first hand knowledge and experience. A company's inability to follow up with warranty would be valuable information. But making a claim that a company might be in trouble and the buyer should beware, needs to be backed by more than just someone's previous experiences with companies from a completely different segment. If you would like a prime example, a new member here just getting familiar with an Arrma vehicle and rc's in general, might read your post and be immediately discouraged from buying those products. Not because they read the the product wasn't of good quality and value, but because they might lose money and never receive a product. When you buy something, use it, and decide the product isn't any good, a review is absolutely warranted. This is the basis of most online shopping and the backbone of many retailers. But what you said about Voltage Hobbies is borderline slander. The original question in this thread was asking for opinions regarding shock towers. You own different brands and would be able to give honest opinions on their quality and value. Even a note that the shipping is sometimes slow and correspondence is inadequate. This is where the conversation should have ended. But it didn't. You took it upon yourself to warn all future purchasers that they should stay away or risk losing their money. You may have taken a step in destroying someone's business in the future.
Spot. On. He knows it too. Trying to cover it up with the notion that he was looking out for the community is laughable, it was a smear job through and through.

I find this strange. I’ve ordered multiple voltage items for multiple cars (54 items in total) and have never had a problem with communication or shipping times. Sure some items have been out of stock as of late but I’m sure new batches will be out shortly. I’ve always received my product within 1 week to 1.5 weeks tops and I’m in Toronto, Canada. ?

Last edited:
and have never had a problem with communication

Hi there!

Did you in fact tried to communicate or have you just received their automated: "sold" "sent" "please rate" emails? I'm still trying to reach them.

I seem to be the only one who did not recieve his purchase so far and i'm in good faith that is was not intentional - it seems to be lost on its wayto me BUT by error from voltage hobbies (they did not get my address strait despite having it correct in their shop system) I tried to warn them but got no response or reaction. Now it would be nice to know if it got returned to them, because the customs office could not file the declaration or if it got completely lost or if it is still on its way to me. Still no answer (mails, contact sheet on website). I opened a case with paypal to try to reach them through paypal - still no answer. Now paypal wrote to them and we will see if they get an answer.

Dissapointing to me and a result of no communication at all, but from all i hear and read it is just me - everybody else got their items without problems.

So if you're searching for really nice aftermarket parts to your Arrma - go for it!

Hi there!

Did you in fact tried to communicate or have you just received their automated: "sold" "sent" "please rate" emails? I'm still trying to reach them.

I seem to be the only one who did not recieve his purchase so far and i'm in good faith that is was not intentional - it seems to be lost on its wayto me BUT by error from voltage hobbies (they did not get my address strait despite having it correct in their shop system) I tried to warn them but got no response or reaction. Now it would be nice to know if it got returned to them, because the customs office could not file the declaration or if it got completely lost or if it is still on its way to me. Still no answer (mails, contact sheet on website). I opened a case with paypal to try to reach them through paypal - still no answer. Now paypal wrote to them and we will see if they get an answer.

Dissapointing to me and a result of no communication at all, but from all i hear and read it is just me - everybody else got their items without problems.

So if you're searching for really nice aftermarket parts to your Arrma - go for it!
It’s been mostly automated but a few months back I had to combine 2 orders before shipping and had no issue with responses.

Update: after 8 weeks - 6 of them lost in limbo - the items arrived and i closed the case with paypal - of course while telling them, the delay was caused by german customs. - missing information on the customs declaration caused the delay - as most US senders don't declare the postage fee.

I now don't know of anybody who did not receive their parts - and the parts i received are of really nice quality.

Update: after 8 weeks - 6 of them lost in limbo - the items arrived and i closed the case with paypal - of course while telling them, the delay was caused by german customs. - missing information on the customs declaration caused the delay - as most US senders don't declare the postage fee.

I now don't know of anybody who did not receive their parts - and the parts i received are of really nice quality.
Thank you very much for remembering to follow up with us. Hope you get them installed soon so you can enjoy them.

UPDATE: I have it on good authority that Voltage Hobbies has lost their manufacturer. This is why that haven't restocked their out of stock parts. I'm sure he is doing his best to find a replacement. So while you can order what he does have in stock with confidence, it is really an unknown as to whether they will receive new stock.

Now for some good news! I also have it on good authority that a certain manufacturer is aware of the need for aftermarket towers and is in initial phases of entering the market. This manufacturer is known for their quality products, especially their chassis. I hope I didn't give too much away ? Oh, you will also see front and rear chassis braces from them as well ???

UPDATE: I have it on good authority that Voltage Hobbies has lost their manufacturer. This is why that haven't restocked their out of stock parts. I'm sure he is doing his best to find a replacement. So while you can order what he does have in stock with confidence, it is really an unknown as to whether they will receive new stock.

Now for some good news! I also have it on good authority that a certain manufacturer is aware of the need for aftermarket towers and is in initial phases of entering the market. This manufacturer is known for their quality products, especially their chassis. I hope I didn't give too much away ? Oh, you will also see front and rear chassis braces from them as well ???
I thought that Voltage machined their own parts and didn't realize that they were just a middle man marking everything up. Their inventory issues were even a problem for me 2 years ago back when they still had their manufacturer. I could never find a time where they had everything in stock that I wanted.

Hopefully M2......the other manufacturer..... makes towers for the Senton and Typhon as well since those two are normally the neglected models. More the Senton than the Typhon but still.

I thought that Voltage machined their own parts and didn't realize that they were just a middle man marking everything up. Their inventory issues were even a problem for me 2 years ago back when they still had their manufacturer. I could never find a time where they had everything in stock that I wanted.

Hopefully M2......the other manufacturer..... makes towers for the Senton and Typhon as well since those two are normally the neglected models. More the Senton than the Typhon but still.
As far as I know Kenny designed everything but has a shop make things for him. GKA, M2C, Markhor and JBIRC all do this as well, I am almost certain they do anyway. Everything is designed by them but all the machine work is done by a second party.

Doesn't @Rich Duperbash have a prototype set of their shock towers already?

Last edited:
As far as I know Kenny designed everything but has a shop make things for him. GKA, M2C, Markhor and JBIRC all do this as well, I am almost certain they do anyway. Everything is designed by them but all the machine work is done by a second party.

Doesn't @Rich Duperbash have a prototype set of their shock towers already?
When I was messaging Markhor he was saying that we was working on getting another machine center finished up in his shop to make more parts. So he may machine his own parts or maybe that was his fancy way of saying that he was looking at adding another manufacturer to his list.

Most would not have their own equipment but job it out. Lots of “job shops” out there ready to make your tower design if you have the money. Machine shop equipment is very expensive, takes up a lot of room and needs a talented people that make a fair wage to operate it. Most could not pay for equipment with rc car parts so even if they have their own it would be for fun side work. Our machine shop rate is $150.00 we are not making car parts unfortunately...

Most would not have their own equipment but job it out. Lots of “job shops” out there ready to make your tower design if you have the money. Machine shop equipment is very expensive, takes up a lot of room and needs a talented people that make a fair wage to operate it. Most could not pay for equipment with rc car parts so even if they have their own it would be for fun side work. Our machine shop rate is $150.00 we are not making car parts unfortunately...
Maybe you can talk to your boss

I make stuff for myself all the time in my little home shop. Towers, braces and chassis’s. No cnc’s there and it’s just for fun. If I made stuff to sell I would be making like $5 an hour. As for making stuff at work, definitely a good way to get fired. Places I’ve worked at in the past I could on “my time” but not where I’m at now. If I’m not on the clock I’m not allowed to be there, just how it is in2019.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back