Outcast Shock Tower Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowhere near the same and you know it. Stop being obtuse.

Hot racings parts can be ordered from countless vendors and the parts arrive.

Voltage you place an order and a week later still wonder if they've shipped.

One of us is using logic, the other emotion.

I've said my thought, and my warning to those that want to listen. I'm done here. :)
I've got probably 30 different Voltage Hobbies parts between all my trucks and every one of them arrived within a week from California (I'm in CT). I didn't realize parts not showing up for weeks on end was a common thing with them.

I can say that both companies have their warts at this point and I would caution buying either of their products unless you have a strategy to correct for their shortcomings.

For instance, you won’t get warranty help from HR. They only offer email contact. That email address isn’t monitored by a human. You will get an instant auto reply to acknowledge it’s a live address, but that’s the end of that. No phone number to call. I called their main distributor who seemed like they would help but never got a call back from their Arrma knowledgeable tech.

So my plan now is if I buy HR products, I do so on Amazon so returns are easy if the suck (like the 3S driveshafts). Also, if you need warranty help, just buy another unit on Amazon and return the old one on the new purchase. It’s really ghetto that I had to resort to doing this, but HR leaves you little choice.

This is flat out false advertising:

https://hot-racing.com/replacements/

There is no customer support from Hot Racing. None. They also offer a 30 day warranty but in actuality that does t exist either. Ordering through Amazon like @jondilly1974 did is really your best option when dealing with them. Personally I now avoid their products like the plague.

I've got probably 30 different Voltage Hobbies parts between all my trucks and every one of them arrived within a week from California (I'm in CT). I didn't realize parts not showing up for weeks on end was a common thing with them.

I've probably 9-10 parts between my 2 cars. All ordered in the last several months (this year).

The parts are top quality.

Delivery took longer than any other place I have ordered RC parts from in the same time period ( A LOT )- communication has sucked, and (not that this matters to others, just throwing it out there) many of the other places generously offered a military discount that Kenny said nope to.

Again- I am not saying that he will take money and run, but enough people are noticing his lack of attention and delay- warrants a warning to others who may be risk obverse.

Look at the (several) threads on this site where there has been zero answer.

Where has Kenny gone?

Look at the pretty much everything constant out of stock on his website.

I understand supply and demand. Its a limited marketplace. Maybe he is about to call it quits. Problem is communication.

And at what point should we all stop waiting, or even trusting someone who ignore numerous emails from numerous people, ignore posts on a forum that all his customers come from?

I've modified real world cars heavily for decades- and have seen several times that someone starts a small enthusiast supply of parts- and then as time goes on they do exactly what this guy is doing, delays, no responses, excuses- and next thing to come is people paying and never getting parts or a refund.

I'm not saying he is going to do that- but he is well on his way of following the same path. I've seen it too many times. Fortunately on RC cars we are talking much less money risked. On real world cars I have seen many many people taken for thousands of dollars.
I've seen this a lot as well. Oftentimes these vendors just close up shop or take down their websites without notice. Or they die unexpectedly and their site sits in limbo until the domain expires.

To be fair, we don’t know what this man is going through. We aren’t walking in his shoes. He could have a coke addiction or his mom could be sick and near death. There’s millions of other possibilities. Maybe his one piece of equipment died that is essential for production. Who knows. My point is you now know better and let’s move on. No point in dragging the guy without knowing more.

To be fair, we don’t know what this man is going through. We aren’t walking in his shoes. He could have a coke addiction or his mom could be sick and near death. There’s millions of other possibilities. Maybe his one piece of equipment died that is essential for production. Who knows. My point is you now know better and let’s move on. No point in dragging the guy without knowing more.
Agreed! Although it doesn't excuse him from communicating with us on his situation. A simple "I have some life stuff going on and will put the business on hold until further notice" would do. Ok done for me!

Just bash it towers here I come.

Agreed! Although it doesn't excuse him from communicating with us on his situation. A simple "I have some life stuff going on and will put the business on hold until further notice" would do. Ok done for me!

Just bash it towers here I come.

Not as good as Voltage, but better than stock.

To be fair, we don’t know what this man is going through. We aren’t walking in his shoes.

We also don't have a website that will take a paypal payment without actually having to do anything.

He could have a coke addiction or his mom could be sick and near death. There’s millions of other possibilities. Maybe his one piece of equipment died that is essential for production. Who knows.

Nobody knows- that is why buyer beware. That is also why he should communicate.

I run my own business for a long time. I lost my father to stage 4 stomach cancer while running my business. I called and communicated with my customers for the time I had to go through that.

No it wasn't pleasant and I wish it on nobody. But I still handled my responsibilities- and that is without taking a single penny from my customers until services are rendered. This guy takes payment from a computer system and leaves you in the dark as to what will happen afterward.

Again- might be the best guy in the world other than knowing how to run a business.

If he wants to stay in business- he needs to make a statement explaining WTF, and improvements going forward!!!

We also don't have a website that will take a paypal payment without actually having to do anything.

Nobody knows- that is why buyer beware. That is also why he should communicate.

I run my own business for a long time. I lost my father to stage 4 stomach cancer while running my business. I called and communicated with my customers for the time I had to go through that.

No it wasn't pleasant and I wish it on nobody. But I still handled my responsibilities- and that is without taking a single penny from my customers until services are rendered. This guy takes payment from a computer system and leaves you in the dark as to what will happen afterward.

Again- might be the best guy in the world other than knowing how to run a business.

If he wants to stay in business- he needs to make a statement explaining WTF, and improvements going forward!!!
Fair points. I’m just saying the guy might be sick or got hit by a truck and laying in a hospital bed. We don’t know.

Is this about him being out of stock or has he taken money and not sent out the product?

I ordered a servo mount and rear chassis brace last week and he shipped within 2 days I think. Amazing quality. Just my $.02

I just placed an order for some pin mounts. Absolutely confident that I will get what I paid for ??

As far as I know the website keeps inventory and will not let you add stuff to the cart that is not produced and in stock, ready to ship. So you cannot pay for items that he doesn't have ready to ship. I have 3 parts from him and the parts are very very good quality.

The thing that kills it for me is the fact that he always has stuff out of stock and I am looking for towers, braces, servo mounts and steering racks for three vehicles. He NEVER has everything that I want to buy all in stock at the same time and I don't feel like spending $40 in shipping because I have to place 12 orders to get everything that I want.

That said, I have pretty much given up on Voltage at this point and am waiting on Markhor out of Australia to finish up Senton shock towers and will place my entire order with him when gets those finished.

Got my shipping notification. Seems silly to post this stuff since I've never had an issue with not getting my stuff. I picked the cheapest shipping option ($3). I expect it within a week.

Since you feel the need to push a rebuttal to a simple warning- then lets continue. :)

A notice of shipping label creation is the not same as actually shipping.

Most times it takes a day or 2 afterward to actually get out the door and on a truck.

Since you feel the need to push a rebuttal to a simple warning- then lets continue. :)

A notice of shipping label creation is the not same as actually shipping.

Most times it takes a day or 2 afterward to actually get out the door and on a truck.

I'll get them within a week like the other 30 parts I purchased from them.

I'll get them within a week like the other 30 parts I purchased from them.

I only saw one person post so far in this thread saying they ordered something and they didn't get their order as it was most likely lost in shipping. So not sure how people not getting things even really became a topic in this thread as that is not an issue that Voltage Hobbies has currently.

I got sick of waiting for the suspension mounts to come back in stock and all be in stock at the same time, literally every time I would check for a month there would be some of them in stock but some of them weren't and as @chevys10zr2003 mentioned above I wanted to order everything at once, not have to place 5 different orders and pay shipping each and every time. So I bought Hot Racing mounts and just de-anodized them along with everything else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back